What's new

Savinelli Event

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
For any brothers in the Raleigh, NC area there is a Savinelli smoker tonight at Empire Cigars. There will be a $600 humidor given away as well as numerous other prizes. 25% off all box purchases as well. Even if you don't like Savinelli come hang out and enjoy a stick.

Empire Cigars
9650 Strickland Road, Suite 154
Raleigh, NC
919-870-0081

Hope to see you there,
Dave

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
The Savinelli event was a success. 25% off boxes of the new R & R and a raffle in which i won a Savinelli leather cigar case. For those of you who have not tried them, the R&R's are really good

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also attended the event. I just wish Empire would do something about the smoke...lol.

For those of you who have not had a chance to try the "Y" line...

This cigar has 2 leaves of Ligero giving it the power but is blended for a smooth subtle pairing for a great after dinner cocktail as not to be so in your face...look at me...look at me cigar....a great Kato to your Green Hornet of Drink.

This is how Rubin blends his cigars.

CP.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
Yes they are - I had a sample about 2 months ago, but have not seen them anywhere yet.

Do you like the other lines?
To be quite honest with you, i really don't. There was a lot of hype about the 2005 selection but i have found the other lines to be unsatisfying. PM me if you are interested in a 5'er, I am sure we can work something out.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
This is what I posted on another thread a while back:

((I just finished a Savinelli Rico Y Raro torpedo that the owner of a local B&M gave me about a month ago.

The only info I could find on it was:
http://www.savinelliusa.com/rico_y_raro.htm

Cons:
This cigar was under-filled - the draw was (dare I say) tooo easy. Burnt a little uneven as a result, but hardly needed any touch-ups. It went out within 5 minutes when I got 'distracted' a couple of times.

Pros:
This was a damn good tasting stick! Sweet tobacco, lil' spice, peppery & a bit piny/woodsy, but in a good way. It developed nicely from a solid medium into a little kick, and I (painfully) nubbed this sucker.

I don't know what they will retail for when the real production is released, I would think this should fall in the $8 range.

I've never had any of the other Savinelli stuff, but this makes me want to try em...))

- Thanks for the offer Uncelnino- But I am full to capacity right now & I'm still kicking myself for missing those Tat black 5ers last week from Mnelson.

...I got a box of CG:4's and two La Riqueza's for 137 after tax... how could I pass that up?

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
You couldn't turn down that offer. I just smoked one of the Tat black robustos that Pete only gives out at events, one of my top five cigars ever. Anyway, i agree with the review, possibly a little underfilled but all in all a great stick...I got a box of the torpedos mysef. As for retail, at my B&M, Empire Cigars in Raleigh, NC, the torpedos go for 7.25

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I lost faith in Savinelli after I bought one of their humidors and all the seams came apart. Have 5-6 other desktops, no problem, but they said it had to have been my fault for keeping it in the sun, which none of my humidors has ever seen.