What's new

Savinelli Pipes

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There is difference in the process between "rustication" and "sandblasting" the latter being more desirable. Rustication serves to hide imperfections more often than not while sandblasting removes the soft wood and reveals detail, grain, and growth structure of the wood. I would be suprised if there was any difference in smoking mechanics, dont see how their could be! I think a good reasonably priced pipe will smoke just as well as a very expensive one...

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
That Punto Oro is only a step or two down from their highest grade in quality finish. Notice The way those sandblast rings follow around the bowl.
The rusticated may as well be considered the poorest cut. Any pipe with shit grain, surface flaws and pits can be rusticated and no one will be the wiser. Much less skill involved using lower quality material.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Who sells those?

OK, just looked at their website. Very nice, but the pokers are short little nose burners and the price is in line with the Savinelli. Plus it doesn't look like they have anything available at the moment.

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
http://stores.ebay.com/morettipipes/
Watch Moretti's eBay store if you want one, but that's a Moretti, not a Savinelli.

If someone is talking about the different models of the Toyota spectrum, you don't tell them "well, you could get a very nice Tata Nano for cheaper"
That wasn't the conversation at hand.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Couple of pokers I own that I love.
Neerup (around $120). Frickin love this pipe and want to get another Neerup.

Stanwell stirling (bought on sale for only about $60). Think I like Stanwell over Savenelli.

Dont get me wrong, I really like Savenelli (I own three), but lots of different options out there.