What's new

Savoy Humi form Holts

MadBear

The Original Angry Animal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of these days I'm going to take the trip from NYC to Philly to go to Holts!

I got 2 new Small Savoy Humidors from Holt's today. I had problems with getting them since they had the incorrect information listed for my apartment.

After I called to check on the status of my order, they rectified the error and I got them today. Not a bad looking box. I'm seasonning it now.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Enjoy those are nice looking humi's for $20. What are you going to fill them with? CC or NC or yardgars?

MadBear

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy those are nice looking humi's for $20. What are you going to fill them with? CC or NC or yardgars?
NCs and YardGars. Allegedly...the CCs have a home of thier own!

The only problem is the hygrometer isn't calibrated. I wrapped it in a wet rag to see if it read 100% and the highest it went was 80% so it's off 20 degrees. Where can I get a new guage that will fit in the box?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i am sure you know the hygrometer that comes with that humidor isn't "adjustable" you can pop of the metal backing and the part with the numbers is just cardboard, turn the cardboard on the metal collar and it is adjusted. I did this with the 2 I ordered and then salt tested them again as well as checking them against my digital hygro and they spot on.

MadBear

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what happened I just got a new Glass Top Savoy Humidor from Holts. I seasoned it for about 2 days so that the RH was just right. I then put about 10 stick in the box for a couple days to see how the RH performed. Last week I filled the box with cigars. I have a box of 6 Dominican H. Upmans Naturals and a 5 pack of Maduro El Ray de Mundos and some Canary Island local cigars. To make a long story short I went to check the box and there was mold all over the Humidifier and the cedar block that the humidifier sits in.

How does that happen and what do I do now?

I took the humidifier out. There is no mold in the box, only on the humidifier/holder. I have the humidifier out in open air drying. Should I get a new one? what about the cedar box splitter/holder. Is that gone too? I need a humidor Dr.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what happened I just got a new Glass Top Savoy Humidor from Holts. I seasoned it for about 2 days so that the RH was just right. I then put about 10 stick in the box for a couple days to see how the RH performed. Last week I filled the box with cigars. I have a box of 6 Dominican H. Upmans Naturals and a 5 pack of Maduro El Ray de Mundos and some Canary Island local cigars. To make a long story short I went to check the box and there was mold all over the Humidifier and the cedar block that the humidifier sits in.

How does that happen and what do I do now?

I took the humidifier out. There is no mold in the box, only on the humidifier/holder. I have the humidifier out in open air drying. Should I get a new one? what about the cedar box splitter/holder. Is that gone too? I need a humidor Dr.
I got the large $20 special from Holts and after a couple of weeks I found mold on the foam humidifier. The only reason I found it was because I was replacing the foam with RH Beads. I pulled everything out and inspected and couldn't find any more. I keep my cheapies and a few flavored ones for the wife in this box, so if I have to throw all of them out it's not a big deal. Been about two weeks now and so far nothing else has appeared.