What's new

Say hello to the newest brewer at Victory Brewing Company!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
It's been a whirlwind the last few weeks for me. I came home from work one day and decided that I needed another job and bad. Well I ended up scouring the brewery websites looking for possible employment opportunities. I ended up on Victory's website and saw a listing for assistant brewer. I figured what the hell why not. So I sent my resume in not expecting a company like Victory to contact someone like me with only 6 months experience brewing. That was on a Tuesday night when I sent the resume and they called me on Friday while I was at work. My heart skipped a beat when I listened to the voicemail. I finally got to speak with them the following Monday and set up an informal interview to talk over my experience and my resume. I met with the senior brewer and the packaging manager over a couple beers in the restaurant on a Monday afternoon. Then I had to wait for a call about going back for a more formal interview process. I was patient but worried that after almost two weeks I hadn't heard anything. Then on a Friday I received an email requesting me to come for an interview with HR and Ron Barchett the Co-Brewmaster/CEO/Co-Founder of Victory. I went there on Wednesday at 10am got a full detailed tour of all areas of the brewery starting in the brewhouse then the cellar, the barrel room, and then finally the bottling/kegging lines. Unfortunately the the CEO could not make my interview (actually a little sigh of relief on my part because I was most nervous about meeting with him) and I just did my formal interview with the director of HR.

So long story short. I went, I interviewed, I sent references and I got a job offer! I'm psyched about working for a company that believes in efficiency and has a serious eye for quality control and improvement.

It didn't hurt that the director of brewing operations at Victory was formerly a brewer where I work currently. So he knows exactly what I was dealing with and knows that if I can brew where I work, then brewing at Victory will be a cinch.

Ooh yeah and I get free beer at the bar after work, and three cases or two sixtels of beer to take home per month. :bottle:

SecretSanta

Happy Fat Man
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow. That's friggin awesome bro!! Congrats doesn't seem like it will be much of a job since you'll be learning and having a blast.

PS: please find some of that dark intrigue storm king for me. Ill make it worth your whole!!!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Congrats man! Are you going to move to the Downingtown area or commute from Harrisonburg? Exciting stuff man...

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Commuting for the time being. Wife and I are looking at moving closer that direction. The other good news is they are opening a new much larger brewery in Parkesburg which will be the location of their primary production location. It will have a 200bbl brewhouse I think compared to the 50bbl they currently have. With the new brewery being built we'll be able to make the same amount of beer in a single day that the current brewery can make in a week. It's the big time. The current location will become the experimental brewery or small batch fun stuff brewery. I'm stoked to have Golden Monkey flowing out of my damn ears!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
A big congrats to you man, that's awesome! Plus, I would love to be drinking a couple beers DURING an interview! LOL

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Fantastic news Adam....good for you bro.

Keeps hope alive that there are job opportunities out there for folks to actually do what they love for a living. Good luck to you, and happy drinking!

Oh, and tell em to ease up on the malt in the Hop Wallop ;). Always favored the Hop Devil as a result, but no doubt...they make some great beers. Congrats!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Congrats brother! I absolutely love Golden Monkey! Was recommended it by the owner of my beer store and was one of the only beers I went back the next week and grabbed another in my purchase. Best of luck on your endeavors!

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Congratulations Adam! Glad to hear that you have landed a great gig great beer. Keep up the good work and one day you will be brew-master too.