What's new

Say It Ain't So!

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sure smoking on the ship but why do it to a cigar bar. It is confined so if you are one who does not like tobacco smoke then you know were to stay away from.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Sure smoking on the ship but why do it to a cigar bar. It is confined so if you are one who does not like tobacco smoke then you know were to stay away from.
And yet "common" sense seems to be in short supply in cases like this.

As far as I'm concerned, any company has a right to do this - just as much as I have a right to become a customer of a different company.
.......x2. Money talks.
While I generally agree with this, I gotta wonder what percentage of their patrons are that die hard cigar smokers that they would even notice :dunno:.

Dan

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
IMO, they would gain more business vs lose business promoting a non-smoking cruise. Sure there would be some people that would move their business elsewhere, but face it, we are the minority. Plus, cruises tend to be "family" trips where the dad can lose out smoking a few cigars to keep the wife happy! LOL

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Does Carnival realize along with its staff and passangers how much toxens and polutents it is discharging from its ships and the harm it is doing.

I guess they need to start somewhere. And cigar smoke is the main danger to folks and the envionment. :lookaroun

Below is some info from EPA.

The rapidly expanding size and number of cruise ships in US waters has triggered a national cruise ship pollution crisis. Environmental laws have not kept pace with growth of the industry. Cruise lines travel the most pristine waters of America, dumping all the way. New laws and standards are urgently needed.

Cruise ships generate an astonishing amount of pollution: up to 25,000 gallons of sewage from toilets and 143,000 gallons of sewage from sinks, galleys and showers each day.

Most of this waste is dumped directly into the ocean, some treated, some not. In addition, luxury liners spew a range of pollutants into the air that can lead to acid rain and contribute to global warming. They can also spread invasive species by dumping untreated ballast water in coastal zones.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
My wife and I will be going on our first Cruise early 2012 as planned for our 20th Anni. Her Aunt is paying for it as a gift to us for many reasons other than our anni but it will not be Carnival. I can't remeber which she scheduled but If Carnival does this you know the others will follow. Shame as her aunt booked a South American tour knowing I would visit Cigar shops and industries. If this passes It could ruin my plans for that Anniversary.