What's new

SCDLH El Principe (2003)

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe (Cuban)
Box Code: NOV03
Size: 4.3" x 42
Mild-medium bodied
Total smoke time: approx 40 min
Construction - Excellent
Wrapper - EMS (dark)
Burn - Very good

I just finished this one ... receiving several of them from a box split last month. I won't break this down into sections as the smoke was pretty consistent throughout. It did start getting a bit stronger toward the end, but the flavors were basically the same. The burn and draw were very good and the cigar produced a nice cloud of fragrant smoke. The flavors were mostly cedar, bean and occasional hints of cocoa. I think if you were looking for a milder (and significantly cheaper) version of the Siglo I, then this might be your huckleberry. I also believe another year or two of age will help bring out more complexities. I will definately be adding a box of these to lay down for awhile.

Christofer

Helluva Habano Herfer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tedski --

I think you're right on with your comment regarding similarities to the Sig I...I have a box that I just got and they're quite a good smoke for their size. Good 30-45 minute toker.

Thanks for the review.

Chris

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a box of these when they first came out...either age makes them stronger or they have changed the basic ingredients because mine are mucho strong not to mention very flavourful from the beginning.have smoked most of the top row of the box...they are consistently twangy/acidy with coffee and chocolate added.yum

derrek :smt045

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good review Tedski. Haven't tried any of these yet, but I may need to get a move on.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
jeffz said:
I smoked one fron 02 over the weekend.
Very tasty. I find them stronger than Sig I's though.
Well, either I got some weak EL Principes or the Sigo 1's I've smoked were really strong ...
but comparing them on strength (nicotine), the Siglo 1 wins hands down, IMO.