What's new

Schaumburg

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm going to be in Schaumburg the week of November 5. Does anyone know of any cigar events going on at that time? I'm hoping I'm lucky enough to catch something going on. I've been looking around online, but no dice. Also, any restaurant recommendations. This will be my first trip to Chicago (or at least near Chicago). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Foodwise, something of a local taste. I've never had real Chicago style pizza. Chicago dogs. Things like that.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
if you are in Schaumburg then your best bet for a lounge is The Cigar Lounge. Its under new ownership and he's been doing a pretty good job to bring in new product and make it more inviting to stick around. Its right by Woodfield Mall.

Food...Chicago pizza my favorite is Lou Malnati's and a close second is Giordano's. If you want a good Chicago dog/Italian Beef and dont want to travel just find a Portillos.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll more than likely venture into the city a night or two while I'm there.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
Ok, no offense but the majority of these replies are terrible. They are for chain restaurants that can be found near most big cities.

Look up Let Us Entertain you and Darden online and check out their lists of places... and do not go to them. That includes maggiano's, seasons 52, wildfire... even meatheads. (i love meat heads but not a chicago joint.)

Want some amazing meat then go to Kuma's Corner. http://www.kumascorner.com/
They have insane burgers.

You want a Chicago dog and itatian beef or maybe even a Combo go to Portillos, it is in Schaumburg on Golf. it is close and the food is amazeballs
But, for the real experience check out Suzies on Montrose and Elston. open 24/7 http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/111164

There is a sit down Lou Malnatis in Schaumburg and it is one of my Favs. But, again for the real expeirience ill direct you to Chicago. Go to Uno's (do not go to the one in schaumburg. it is a fake and it sucks) or Giordano's
www.unos.com
http://www.giordanos.com/index.html

Now for the B&M My friends and I have had bad experiences with the cigar lounge in Schaumburg. Ower was a complete Dick. Sounds like there may be a new owner? But I do know the folks at Habana House in rolling meadows. Kelly and Karen are sisters and they own the place. Francis is Kelly's hausband and he rolls cigars in shop some nights and they are always available to purchase. They always have the newest stock and are open later and the regulars are great.
www.habanacigarhouse.com/

If you want to go to an old man shop and shoot the shit you should go to Arlington Pipe and Cigar Shop. Fish and dead animals on the walls and beer an whiskey flowing (BYOB). Great place long time chicago residents in there.
46 W Northwest Hwy
Arlington Heights, IL 60004

(847) 255-2263

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Ok, no offense but the majority of these replies are terrible.
Glad you feel my suggestions weren't part of the majority.

And yes, the old owner of The Cigar Lounge was a dick. And to my knowledge he is the new Oliva rep for the Chicagoland area. The Cigar Lounge is under new ownership, the guy is super nice and doing his best to change the atmosphere of that shop. He is very aware of the reputation it had.

I would also suggest Jorgio's Cigars in Wheaton if you wanna hang out, smoke some smokes and have good company.

Just eat at Portillos. Day 1 get hot dogs. Day 2 get Italian Beef. Day 3 Chili Dogs. Day 4 Burger and cheddar fries.....

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Just eat at Portillos. Day 1 get hot dogs. Day 2 get Italian Beef. Day 3 Chili Dogs. Day 4 Burger and cheddar fries.....

^^^This is the best suggestion yet, always our first stop on our way into town! Orgasmic! Chocolate Cake Shake FTMFW!

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
Oh and if you want to take a mini road trip DantheBugman(possibly still works at) and Jolietfire frequent Burning leaf in plainfield. Depending on the time of day it is about a 40 min drive.
www.burningleafcigar.com/

Glad to hear that about The Cigar lounge we will have to give it a try again.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Oh and if you want to take a mini road trip DantheBugman(possibly still works at) and Jolietfire frequent Burning leaf in plainfield. Depending on the time of day it is about a 40 min drive.
www.burningleafcigar.com/

Glad to hear that about The Cigar lounge we will have to give it a try again.
Dan lives in Missouri...and to my knowledge has never worked at the Burning Leaf. JFire still frequents the Leaf. A lot of BOTL guys are regulars there. Kockroach, Presto, FireDoc, AquaRich, Hurley, W.B....chances are if you stop there you will see W.B. and Presto. They live there (no exaggeration). I could possibly meet up there too.