What's new

SD4, P2 Tubos

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Anyone heard any confirmation one way or t'other on these? I know we've got the Sig II and RyJ Short Corona Tubos coming out this year, but I haven't really heard any chatter on the SD4 and P2 tubos that were rumored to be coming out. I'm kind of a tubo freak and I already love the look of the above two cigars so I'm really curious as to what these are going to look like, that is if they are even coming...

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
According to Rob the P2 tubos were to be released in 2005. So I'm sure they're on the back burner or something. No telling with Habanos S.A.

Never heard anything about the SD#4 tubos :dunno:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
That's what I want to know Josh, no clue.

I had heard a rumor...just a offhanded mention on another board, that Habanos S.A. might have defaulted on debt to the manufacturer of the Sig VI tubo or something which would explain why they are so scarce. But considering that we know the RyJ Short Churchill is coming out, and it's been announced that the Sig II's are coming out in tubes, that wouldn't seem to explain much.

Can't find anything about it searching the web (haven't tried ALL that hard), though I did find a place selling the Sig VI Tubos for almost $60 a pop! :rofl:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Jwrussell said:
That's what I want to know Josh, no clue.

I had heard a rumor...just a offhanded mention on another board, that Habanos S.A. might have defaulted on debt to the manufacturer of the Sig VI tubo or something which would explain why they are so scarce. But considering that we know the RyJ Short Churchill is coming out, and it's been announced that the Sig II's are coming out in tubes, that wouldn't seem to explain much.

Can't find anything about it searching the web (haven't tried ALL that hard), though I did find a place selling the Sig VI Tubos for almost $60 a pop! :rofl:
That's no rumor Jason, atleast in Nov. '05 it was announced that there was no payment to the manufacturer of the Siglo VI tubes (made in Italy). So the manufacturer didn't deliver the tubes. They must've made the bill right by now, seeing as how all these new tubes are being released.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I heard that about the tubes as well. Happens just like in any other industry.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Surprising that they would let that particular vendor lapse, though I've seen stranger things. Gots to get me some of them Sig VI tubes. They are just gorgeous.