What's new

Sealing a Coolidor

ama

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've looked around a little and haven't seen too many posts about this. I am thinking of a cooler for more storage, but they don't seem to seal well. What are some methods that people use to build a better seal for them? I've seen weather striping mentioned, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what specific products to purchase? Thanks!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have used coolerdors for many years. I have both Coleman 70Qt And Coleman Marine 150's. I use no type of addition sealer. They hold steady like a rock as is.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I have used coolerdors for many years. I have both Coleman 70Qt And Coleman Marine 150's. I use no type of addition sealer. They hold steady like a rock as is.
Yeah i have an igloo 48 and it holds steady. You just have to make sure the lid closes properly when you buy the cooler, also don't get one with a drain plug because that is where you'll have a leak.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some rubber maid bins(the large green ones)...and use some window sealing(trim), about the 1in kind...and have it just above the lip of the container.

I put it on the inside and when I close the top...it seals just fine.

Put a couple pounds of beads in and away you go!

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Honestly, I have to "burp" or breathe my coolerdor every once in a while anyway, because it closes TOO well... I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Mine is a cheapie 50 qt igloo I bought for around 15 bucks. It has a drain plug however I have to freshen the beads around every three months or so and that's just because I'm anal about it. You may have bought one that was defective. Do you have plenty of Spanish Cedar inside (old boxes, etc)? Check out the Coolidor primer by headbanger! Lots of great info on this subject.