What's new

Searching for great 150-250 cigar-count humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 50th birthday is coming up in March and would love to treat myself to a nice(r) 150-250 cigar-count humidor. I live in a studio apartment in Manhattan and not looking for anything enormous. I know there are tons online but wanted to hear some chatter. I am possibly looking at the Treasure Dome Humidor (250ct). Any thoughts?

Thanks all!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My 50th birthday is coming up in March and would love to treat myself to a nice(r) 150-250 cigar-count humidor. I live in a studio apartment in Manhattan and not looking for anything enormous. I know there are tons online but wanted to hear some chatter. I am possibly looking at the Treasure Dome Humidor (250ct). Any thoughts?

Thanks all!
Congratulations on your upcoming birthday. I purchased the “Salvador” humidor about a year ago. I was looking for a humidor that was not as tall but wider so I would not have to stack as many cigars on top of each other. It’s a beautiful wood style with silver accents instead of the standard brass which I never liked. The lid has a metal backing so any magnetic accessories like hygrometers stick to it without trouble. It holds humidity well and I’ve been very happy with it. Neptune Cigars seems to have the best price with free shipping. https://www.neptunecigar.com/search?text=SalvadorE6651F48-1A3D-4692-85B3-982DA7F04853.jpeg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your upcoming birthday. I purchased the “Salvador” humidor about a year ago. I was looking for a humidor that was not as tall but wider so I would not have to stack as many cigars on top of each other. It’s a beautiful wood style with silver accents instead of the standard brass which I never liked. The lid has a metal backing so any magnetic accessories like hygrometers stick to it without trouble. It holds humidity well and I’ve been very happy with it. Neptune Cigars seems to have the best price with free shipping. https://www.neptunecigar.com/search?text=SalvadorView attachment 129626
Thanks, @Frost !! Appreciate the feedback!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been eyeing this one but don’t know if it’s too cheap:

IMG_2706.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never would have thought they would hold as good of a seal. I’ll have to get mine out and test it...
My dad had a 50 cal ammo can from WW2. It still has the rubber seal and it is still in good shape and not all dried out. It has a strong latch mechanism to keep an airtight seal. They were made to go though mud, slush, water and rain. The US Army had the ammo cans over engineered.

If you go to Ammodor, they have all sorts of ammo containers thay can convert. If you have an ammo can, they sell DIY pre-cut Spanish cedar kits you can use to make one yourself and save about $100.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A187B85B-2D4C-4244-93CF-DFF827DAC75A.jpeg 468826DE-DB94-4748-90CF-62B3A63BD68A.jpeg AFC353CF-0A6E-4E26-BC1F-CDE711666769.jpeg 6B87CD44-F617-4F83-B265-9EC9ABBA7EFB.jpeg
@WatchmanUSA i enjoy the look, but the little things keep me up at night. Lid seems a touch uneven, but it is what it is. The corners in the 3rd pic are not ideal, and I wasn’t thrilled about the crooked hinge either. I guess I wasn’t upset enough to send it back, but I wouldn’t purchase again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going for the traditional look (aka non-Ammodor, Tupperdore, etc) I would personally recommend:

Higher end would be Waxing Moon (although I'm surprised to see pics on this thread with those quality issues...that's disappointing), Gryphon Humidors, or Michael Dixon. Those guys historically offer incredible custom pieces that are made in the USA. Or Diamond Crown Cigar has several models of various sizes that are mass produced (but still made in the USA) that are very nice and much more affordable.