What's new

Seasoning newair

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to the site I am seasoning a newair cc100h and I wiped the shelves twice used the plastic container and have distilled water in closed door and let sit for a day and it's steady at 95 percent at what point do I take out the water tray and switch to my boveda packs

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The shelves act like sponges. Give it a couple of more days and if the humidity is still stable at such a high number remove the water pan. Once you get close to the numbers you want put in your Bovedas and see if it stabilizes at your desired humidity. A bit of advice, take it slow putting cigars in the unit. If you load it up with either over or under humidified cigars you'll be weeks trying to get the unit stabilized.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just an update on the new air seasoning it's been 3 days and my rh still 83 percent a good seal but when will it level off?

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I seasoned my 1st cooler in under a week and had issues, following the advice in these forums I seasoned the next 2 for a longer period (both almost 2 weeks). I think the thick wood used for the shelves takes a longer time to fully absorb the humidity around it. If you have removed the water and only have boveda it should settle to the same humidity after about a week. Also ensure you have your hydrometer calibrated and it's helpful to use multiple because the humidity does seem to vary from top to bottom.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You went from 95% to 83% in 3 days I think you'll soon be wishing you could get your humidity back up. Remember patience is a real virtue in this hobby. As mentioned by Basictek give it a week and if still too high open the door occasionally to exchange the air in the unit. How are you currently storing your cigars, what levels do you run in your existing storage? Typically newly purchased cigars are over humidified so now is not the time to put new cigars in your unit. If you have cigars in storage at a lower humidity you can gradually add them to the New Air once it gets to the mid 70s