What's new

Seattle Pipe Club - Mississippi River - PToM Feb 2015 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Post your reviews here!

MISSISSIPPI RIVER
Brand:
Seattle Pipe Club / Joe Lankford
Blend Type: English
Contents: Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Flavoring: None
Cut: Krumble Kake
Packaging: 2oz Tin, 8oz Tin, Bulk

"Mississippi River is a smooth, medium blend of pressed red and stoved Virginia tobaccos with a unique balance of Louisiana Perique and Cyprian Latakia which makes this krumble kake tobacco a complex and rich smoke with a lovely sweet finish that lingers nicely on the palate. This Seattle Pipe Club Blend was created by master blending guru, Joe Lankford, a major hit with smokers who like Virginias and/or English blends - very gentle on the tongue for an all day smoke.
Notes: Smooth, creamy, rich, lightly smoky and appropriately sweet, with hints of dried fruits and a touch of dark chocolate."

Prior PToM reviews can be found HERE

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
To spice things up a bit this year, I'm going to start doing a little giveaway each month.
For each person that reviews the PToM, I'll add a half ounce sample to the pot, up to a max of 2oz. total. Then, at the end of the month, I'll draw a winner from the lot who posted reviews and send them their winnings. Just a little juice to hopefully boost participation. Reviews don't need to be in any special format or super in-depth, just let us know what you thought of the PToM, what you liked, what you didn't. Maybe what it reminded you of. Pictures are great, too. Just share your thoughts, enjoy, and have fun.
Cool draws & sweet smokes, Brothers!

REVIEWS:
thedismaltrade (haha :ROFLMAO:)
javelin377
daleo8803
hopzilla <= WINNER
plumber1965
JustTroItIn

Project Link: http://www.randompicker.com/protocol/185631x47433

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
48   0   0

I figured I should contribute, since our participation has been weak.

Had some MS River in a cob on the way to work this morning. I like this a lot in the evening, good after dinner smoke to me. Sweet like desert, but then the Latakia shows up. Not so much a fan in the morning. I'll smoke more at some point this month in the evenings.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424376424.933077.jpg

Smoking this in my Fero now.

I'm not sure how to describe this one, other than simple and pleasant so far. Nothing seems to stand out.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
So i've had a couple bowls of this. I am still new to this whole pipie thing, may considermyself a non-newb in about 3-4 years.
First bowl i let dry for about an hour packed it in my cob and could not keep it lit. the taste was a little sweet with some nutty on the snork. Let the rest dry overnight and packed a bowl in my Oldenkott which has a wide bowl. What a differance!!!!! The sweet really shind through and the latika smoke was way underneath. Still got the nut on the snork but was much sweeter. I can see myself smoking this anytime during the afternnon evening. A little too complex for the morning to me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have almost finished a tin of MR since I started smoking the pipe. Most recently I have smoked a bowl in an MM Country Gentleman and I'm smoking one right now in my Underslung pipe The General.

Mississippi River is not your typical English tobacco. The tobacco itself is a bit chunky, almost gritty. I find it best relatively loosely packed. The tin note is slightly tart and a little smokey.

The shining star of this blend is most definitely the sweetness of the Virginia's. It's not an overpowering sugary sweetness but a subtle sweetness, kind of like how short bread is sweet. This smokiness of the Latakia is so mild but still ever so present during every puff. There is the slightest tingling of pepper remaining on the tongue after every sip. Put it all together and this is a smoke when you finish a bowl you want to immediately pack another.