• Seems ok I guess...

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I'm indifferent :- 9

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Probably not...

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Definately not a good idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would pitch in to raise more money for the cherity.

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
So I had this thought: What if we auctioned off some cigars, and the winner of the auction got to choose which charity we donated it to? Maybe we could make it a team effort or something? All proceeds would go to charity, etc. etc. What say ye?

Charity Ideas:

Local Charity
St. Jude's Hospital

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I voted the top but didn't fully read it. You can count me in for some cigars.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I think it's a great idea, but it would help if there was a list of charities listed on the auction. Like, I don't know, 6 or so for the winner to choose from. That way, people could feel more confident bidding knowing that the winning funds wouldn't end up being donated to "Nancy Pelosi's Hairdressing Fund" or some such (sorry if that was mean, lol).

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Man, one type and these dudes go nuts! lol Thanks for all the feedback, gentlemen! I'm toying with the idea of doing this, but I don't have nearly enough to put up to raise any kind of significant cash for the chArity. How about some suggestions of good chArities?

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Man, one type and these dudes go nuts! lol Thanks for all the feedback, gentlemen! I'm toying with the idea of doing this, but I don't have nearly enough to put up to raise any kind of significant cash for the chArity. How about some suggestions of good chArities?
I like the idea of using a smaller charity...but if you choose to go big...St. Judes does some amazing things for kids and families. I know that there have been some other veteran and other children charities that have been talked about before on here...I just for the life of me cannot think of their names. What ones were you thinking about Stroke?

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I really had nothing specific in mind. I too thought about St. Judes, or a reliable Breast Cancer charity, or maybe one to help Haiti?

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I'd throw in a couple bro..no probs!!
My only question is this:
I love donating to St. Judes or Even the Shriners Hospitals for Children. Anything that has to do with Kids hits a soft spot for me. Vertran Organization are a close second but kids just have a special place in my heart.
Maybe another poll on which organization would be a good Idea first and then hold an auction with Eric driving it, seeing how it would be from BOTL.
However If it's for a Cancer organization like St. Judes they may have a conflict of intrest recieving funds from a tobacco related website.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
That is a good point Tom, but I couldn't see any cherity turning away cash money!
Maybe as a bid is put in the bidder names the cherity of his choice.
Another thing you may way want to think of is breaking the auction up into a few auctions of 10-20 sticks instead of one huge auction. I think it would raise more money that way. And more than likely it will have to be premium stuff to move on here.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think we need to support people who need help in our own country before we go out and donate to haiti or elsewhere. We are always having donations to africa and places where its not actually getting any better. I'm not trying to start anything.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Completely understood Indy! I do not blame you for that as well. I would suggest a local charity but that may seem questionable ya know? For example, if I said I was hosting this type of auction and all proceeds would go to a charity that is local to me, I would not want people to question my intentions or motives.

To me, kids and single parents hits a soft spot with me. I also have another idea, maybe have a closed poll via PM of a Brother who could use it to get his feet on the ground?