What's new

Selling photos & Smugmug

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Haven't used any website for selling photos, so I would be interested to hear how this goes for you. What is the printing process after someone orders? Does smugmug print and ship, or do you print and ship? I would have a hard time letting someone else print and ship without me seeing and giving the ok on the final print.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You can choose a vendor that prints them and ships them to the person ordering. It will tell you what your cost is, you tell it what percentage you want your mark up to be and if you want the price rounded up (to the nearest dime, quarter, half dollar, 75 cents or dollar) or not. You can choose from a list of photographs (sizes, styles, etc), prints, merch (be careful with merch though if you are using someone else's likeness), etc. You can also over-ride your markup for specific sets of items. For example, I noticed that my default markup caused some of the prices for specialized types of prints to be outrageously high, so I gave that section a different mark up percentage to make it more reasonable.

No, I will not tell you what my % is but the prices, I feel, are reasonable.

BTW, my intent on this thread is not to shill my stuff to you guys (but I won't stop you from buying either). This is a new venture for me and was curious if anyone else out there has done this before and what I can expect positively and negatively. Plus, I always appreciate feedback on my stuff.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I havent used smug mug but I am interested in finding out how it goes and your experiences with it. Please keep us posted.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I know some people that like their smug mug. I went with a Zenfolio account to interact with my clients for print purchase. Still setting it up though.

Sent from your mothers phone

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I know these photos all are elaborate fakes.

Want proof?

Danica Patrick's #10 is actually on the track racing and not a.) in a wreck or b.) in the garage after the wreck happened.

:devil:

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I did quite a bit of research for my girlfriend when she was looking for a site to host/sell her photos and we decided on Fine Art America. She's been very happy with it. Only complaint has been that loading lots of photos can be a bit of a chore. No batch load tools. On the other hand, it forces her to take the time to do quality tagging for each which we think makes for better hits.