What's new

SensorPush vs Wireless Tag

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody I have been doing some research on a wireless solution to monitor the humidor. I have narrowed it down to either wireless tags or the sensor push. There was a pretty good review on reddit but cant find much on the sensor push. Looks like the sensor push has a +/-4 vs the sensor push +/-1 anybody have thoughts. Looks like the sensor push overall is more expensive but does have bluetooth, if i dont want to buy the wifi setup

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have SensorPush for just over 6 months. I like it but I’m a gadget/tech guy. It works great but I have not used anything other than traditional static digital stuff. I don’t know anything about the monitor tags. The cost is comparable to a traditional quality hygrometer. They are $49 unless you find a promotion going on. I found a place that gave a 10% discount promotion.

Then you need a smartphone. WiFi isn’t required unless you want to monitor something outside of the Bluetooth range. The Bluetooth is not the same that is used by headsets where you need to be with 30ft or so to your phone. I can get connection to the sensor anyplace in my house or quarter acre lot. You can have multiple sensors paired to your phone. I have one sensor paired to both my iPhone and iPad.

If you have been out and about the sensor data is uploaded to your phone when you get back in range. I think the sensor can store 22 days of data if needed. The nice thing is it is a set and forget system because the phone app alerts me if the humidity or temp goes below or over my set ranges. So you set the humidity range, for example, 63% on the low end and 73% (or whatever you want) on the high end. My phone alerts me with a tone/vibrate and a notification is placed on the phone display. So I get alerted only if the goes below or higher than the RH and temp set points.

You do need to calibrate the SensorPush. I used the Boveda Calibration Kit at a cost of $7.

Sometimes people miss the point of what this does for the user. Some think the detail is rediculous and it would be if I had to sift through on my own. The thing about the detail is the application uses it so I never have to dig into it. The app tells me when something is wrong. I never need to look at readout, open my humidor or look touch my humidor unless I want a cigar or it alerts me. I never think about if the humidor is too hot, cold, dry or wet inside.

So, if you need to buy a new hygrometer or just want to get something new, I would buy the SensorPush again.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had the wireless tag setup for about a year now. My main reason for going with wireless tag is it's integration with SmartThings (my home automation platform). So based on the tag's temperature or humidity, I can automagically turn on circulating fans or adjust the thermostat on my wineador. I also get a daily text message notifying me of the current temp and humidity. If you're really nerdy (like me!) you can log temp and humidity and looks at things like weekly / monthly averages. Overall I've been happy with the solution and feel like it does a good job with accuracy. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Cheers!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that’s really helpful. Sounds like some set up. I don’t have any home intergration systems, I have the old fashion wood boxes but highebs ones. Mostly I want to be able to monitor what’s going on in them without picking up the lid every time and the alerts would be real helpful. The most important thing for me is accuracy.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The setup of the wireless tags and the tag manager is pretty straight forward. It may take a little more work than the SensorPush setup, but not much.

The biggest advantage to SensorPush is that it appears to be very user friendly and setup specifically for temp/humidity monitoring. The tags monitor temp and humidity, but they also monitor movement, luminescence (light) and vibration. This is an advantage for the tags, but if it's not something you need it's pointless.

If you have multiple humidors or want to monitor multiple areas, the wireless tags are cheaper per tag than the sensor push. It was a no brainer for me since I wanted to use tags to monitor multiple shelves in my Wineador, my home fridge, home freezer and garage freezer. When it's all said and done I'll have right at 8 tags being monitored. The tag manager app can be setup to send you notifications and will let you view the temp and humidity in real time from anywhere you have an internet connection.

Here are a couple of screen shots of the tag manager app. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Good luck!

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the screenshots. The user interface looks real nice. Was calibration a pain at all

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have bought this wireless vibration sensor https://store.ncd.io/product/iot-long-range-wireless-vibration-and-temperature-sensor/ to test but I would like to communicate these sensor with sensor push, As this sensor is using personal area network modules but we want to send the readings of the sensor to Aws cloud and monitor the readings via smartphone, Also by using MQTT protcol, want to send SMS on smartphone when ever there will be some disruption takes place but I am not much aware to implement this , I 'll be hoping for better suggestion to make this process happen.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi...the only other real differences I can see are battery life, and perhaps ease of use. For battery life, it seems that the sensor tags last about a year, and I've seen some sensorpush users claim over 2 years. I'm well over a year on several of mine with no issues. For ease of use, it seems that the sensor tag software is more configurable, though maybe less intuitive. Sensor push is dead simple, but more limited.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I use sensor push on my humidor at my shop. I've used it for about a year now and I've been super happy with it. I have it on wifi and it alerts me if anything is having issues.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The SensorPush is great...when it works. I’m on my third replacement of the original. The previous ones got stuck around 80-85% no matter what the ambient RH was.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SensorPush is great...when it works. I’m on my third replacement of the original. The previous ones got stuck around 80-85% no matter what the ambient RH was.
I just ordered the Sensor Tag. The accuracy of the Sensor Push is to wide in my opinion to be of any real value +/- 3 to 4% is a big deal. You could be at 70-76% and still have no clue.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been running 2 sensorpushes for a few months now and have nothing but praise. Boveda butler nearly ruined a 50ct of mine but showing a constant 66% for weeks while it trickled down to 35% in winter.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running 2 sensorpushes for a few months now and have nothing but praise. Boveda butler nearly ruined a 50ct of mine but showing a constant 66% for weeks while it trickled down to 35% in winter.
I have 2 SensorPush and 3 Butlers. The SensorPush is much more accurate and take minimal recalibration. The Butlers need to be recalibrated every couple of months. Also, the SensorPush Bluetooth works at longer distances and I get connectivity is all the rooms, levels in my house plus in my yard. The Butlers only get Bluetooth connections on the same level as the Butlers are in use out if you are directly in a room above or below where they are used. If the SensorPush units don’t get connected to my iPhone for 20 minutes or there is text in the display of the app that turns red and it shows the time and date of the last connection. The Butlers don’t do that. You only know if data is collected if you look at the hourly detail graph, you have to go into the details to really know if data is collected. Both of them provide pop up warning notification via the app of temp or humidity alarm you have set. Boveda pushed a new app upgrade recently but I haven’t noticed any big operational changes.