Rating - 100%
2   0   0
very nice! I wouldn't mind that but its a little out of my price range,

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
AZ,

Save yourself the cash, and go for two of these...

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=HUM-BH3

You will get the same amount of space at a fraction of the cost. The Cigar Oasis humidifying units included in the price have done me well, and I own two of these humidors. They are very versitile, and if you take out the shelves, you can just stack boxes without any restrictions at all. I have at least 35 boxes right now (both humidors) with room to buy more.

NOTE You may need to add weather stripping around the inside of the door if the unit encountered any rough handling during shipping...My second one did, but it's an easy procedure...I'd be happy to guide you through it and tell you exactly how check to see if you do need the weather stripping.

Anyway, this is just a bit of advice, and just my humble opinion. I have been smoking and aging cigars for over 15 years now....I do NOT consider myself an expert, but I do think I have good advice friom time toi time :) At least look into this huni before you make such an expensive purchase.

Happy smoking,

-Clint

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Clint, he lives in Arizona and due to the extreme heat, he needs a cooled unit (hence why he's currently using a wine cooler).

The Avallo isn't just a wooden humidor...it's a thermoelectrically-cooled wooden humidor.

BIG difference.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Buy it !

Either from them or Staebell. You will not be disappointed.

Treat yourself. Its a lifetime worth of enjoyment.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
AZ,

Save yourself the cash, and go for two of these...

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=HUM-BH3

You will get the same amount of space at a fraction of the cost. The Cigar Oasis humidifying units included in the price have done me well, and I own two of these humidors. They are very versitile, and if you take out the shelves, you can just stack boxes without any restrictions at all. I have at least 35 boxes right now (both humidors) with room to buy more.

NOTE You may need to add weather stripping around the inside of the door if the unit encountered any rough handling during shipping...My second one did, but it's an easy procedure...I'd be happy to guide you through it and tell you exactly how check to see if you do need the weather stripping.

Anyway, this is just a bit of advice, and just my humble opinion. I have been smoking and aging cigars for over 15 years now....I do NOT consider myself an expert, but I do think I have good advice friom time toi time :) At least look into this huni before you make such an expensive purchase.

Happy smoking,

-Clint
Clint, thanks for the note, but first of all, this Avallo is almost twice as big as that one listed. I won't have to take up the floor space needed for 2 of those. Yeah I'm familiar with that humi, actually had one for about a week. I wasn't impressed with the construction. I'm sure it does a good job, and it's probably fine for most purposes, but it's just not for me. I'm not just looking for a wooden box to store my cigars in...I'm looking for a piece of furniture - something that will literally last long enough to be passed down to my relatives. That's what you get in a piece like that Avallo. I also looked at the Aristocrat, and will stop by their shop next week while in Texas if I have time. When I started thinking about doing this, I considered 3 things:

1 - I have to get one that is cooled, it's just too hot in Arizona not to have a temp controlled humidor. I have a killer cooler set up right now with Cigar Oasis and outside temp controller. It works like a champ, but I'm outgrowing it and it's not what I want long term.

2- It has to be top shelf, A #1 quality. I don't buy something just to have to worry with it. If it's in my house, it's not going to be something I have to fiddle with or tinker with to make it work.

3- The space I plan on putting this thing, it has to look NICE.

As you can see, it's not just something I jumped on, I've been kicking it around for over a year now.

Thanks for the note and the link...I appreciate it...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If you got the cash to go top of the line, go top of the line.

I gotta say, I like those Aristocrats... even better than the Avallo, personally. If they're as good in reality, and in function, as they look in pics.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Keep freight in mind too bro, could be a difference heading to your neck of the country, you know where their shipping from. That is a big step up from your Haier wine cooler. Let us know what you decide on Randy.