What's new

Setting an example for your kids.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Way to go Dave! I can't stand it when people feel the need to stick their noses in other peoples lives. Especially if they can't back up their mouth.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I hate people that get on other people about stupid stuff. Who cares if you are smoking a cigar (I'm sure it was a good one)
I applaud you for doing what you did.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thankfully, I've yet to have this happen to me.

My first thought is: What is making him so insecure as to self-righteously judge a total stranger? What kind of example is he setting for his children? I would be willing to wager that they were totaly embarassed - more so with your response...

:hysterica
Exactly my thought on the matter. What kind of example is he setting for his children? Does he want his children to be confrontational, judgemental and likely a hypocrite? Most people have a few unhealthy vices whether it be McDonalds, too much TV, too much red meat, alcohol or even confronting large men smoking cigars...lol.

My children know I smoke cigars...and when the time comes for them to make adult choices...they can do so. What I don't want is for them thinking it's ok to play judge and jury with other people's lives. That's a much bigger deal to me.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well done Dave. I’m originally from Brooklyn and you learned early on that you don’t go yelling at people unless you’re willing to deal with your actions. This guy sounds like a smart ass trying to act like a big man but has no balls to back up his mouth. Shit like that would fire me up too!
And as Doc said above he shouldn't have been pulling that crap in front of HIS children.

PepinAddiction

Thought Criminal
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Haha, classic!

I hate people. Especially people that feel it is their obligation to tell you how THEY feel about something. Like I should give a sheet. :argh:

Well played....:thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I read this and had a different reaction. Not to the jerk who has no right to tell you how to raise your kids, but to the question it'self. When I was visiting my daughter and grand daughter in Phoenix I popped out to the ptio to have a cigar. Half way through my two year old grand daughter poked her head out and asked; what are you doing grandpa? Hmmm. Guilt kinda set in. My kids are both grown and can make their own decisions but this was different. I dont think I will be doing that again. and Dave I am not saying anything about you this was strictly me and my own piece of mind. Just felt bad.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
no offense taken... but on those lines....My daughter always tells me it's bad for me and I tell her that I know, but daddy enjoys it sometimes, and that I'm old enough to make this choice. What else can I say? In the evenings I will wait until they go to bed. I smoke in the during traffic time, and on the golf course, so they don't see too many cigars, except for the walk to the park and while they do the playground thing. They are never close enough for long enough for the smoke to be a concern. But I know what you mean Chuck.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
RIGHT ON!:thumbsup: man, i cant stand those far left-wing health crazed nut jobs, who think my own buissiness is theirs. Heck, when i was growing up my grandmother smoke like a chimney, and i turned out alright. I dont smoke cigarettes because of her but i turned out all right................. i think:scratchhe