What's new

SF-Vegas-Canyon Pt Utah

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Heading out west next week for a little hit of SF then to Vegas for a couple of days then driving out to Canyon Pt UT for my wifes birthday. Has anyone taken the highway 15 route between Vegas and Utah? Looks like a lonely road and its a 4.75 hour drive to get to Canyon Pt and of course no smoking in rental car. The resort looks like tatooine from the first Star Wars movie. Probably very relaxing as its literally in the middle of nowhere, not really my thing but my wife chose it so be it. I'm so antsy cigars are the only thing that keeps me stationary for more than 30 min lol.

If anyone wants to meet up in SF, I'll be there next Tues through Thursday (Giants game Weds, may go Thursday). In Vegas, staying at the Palazzo, we'll be running around on Friday but will be doing the tourist thing on Sat, then road trip to Canyon Pt back to Vegas Tuesday, fly out Weds. G1

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I have driven that road many times. Between Vegas and St. George there is not much to see. I have never been to Canyon Point but have visited the National Parks, Zions is a great park and beautiful scenery.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah I assumed as much. Canyon Point is about 145 miles from St George so another couple of hours from there. Red Bull time lol. The resort looks cool but again, I prefer the city to the vast wilderness. G1