What's new

Sharpening your cigar cutter

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
Does anyone do this? Blades get dull and they need to be sharpened.

I know better cutters you can send back to the company to be sharpened, but what if your too impatient to wait.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
You can try cleaning it. I thought my blades were dull till I cleaned it all with some alcohol wipes. I was ready to throw a cutter away before I did that-after it was like brand new again.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You can try cleaning it. I thought my blades were dull till I cleaned it all with some alcohol wipes. I was ready to throw a cutter away before I did that-after it was like brand new again.
I'll second what this sucker said.

I've cleaned up a $3 cutter with alcohol wipes while on a road trip, and it performed brand new again.

But, I do buy xikars so I can send them off.

-Chrisso

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
My main cutters are a Palio and Xikar. I'm not in need of doing this, just wondering if it's possible to be done.

My only worries is my Palio has a stupid CAO logo on it. Wonder if it does dull and I take it to my local B&M if they will swap it for a regular black one?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a SAK for about 10 yrs now and it has cut no telling how many cigars but it still cuts just as good as the day I bought it. Hands down best cutter I've ever used.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I use a single blade siglo seki cutter. It hasn't needed to be sharpened yet but I have a thing for crazy sharp knives so will sometime soon sharpen it. It cuts well now but I figure with a .5 micron polish it should be light sabre sharp

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I sharpen my Palio from time to time. I use a round ceramic stone and have a round diamond hone if needed. Any way to get a Palio apart? It would dramatically simplify sharpening, but I could not figure out how to get mine apart without breaking it.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Both the Palio and Xikar cutters are self sharpening. The blades are designed to to reshapen. You can go on both sites and they both say the same thing. Also both companies have life time warranty and can be sent back in

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It doesn't say that they are self sharpening anywhere on Xicars website that I can find. I believe that is a misnomer.