What's new

Shatter iOS jailbreak....

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This is going to be a PERMANANT jailbreak for ALL iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iTouch...) which, without getting too technical cannot be patched by Apple without a hardware change....meaning firmware updates will not 'unjailbreak' your device. If you are running iOS 4.0.2 or later at this point there is no jailbreak. This will change this sunday. being released in a very nerdy fashion. "1010101010"...10/10/10 at 10:10am.

I'll be working when it's released, but I have a buddy who will be johnny on the spot with trying it out so if anyone is interested in his guinea pig trial, I'll keep you updated.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Sorry, but.....Huh?

What does all this mean to those of us who do own iphones but have no idea what a jailbreak is?!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Permanent JB? Interesting.

I have an old 3G I can probably try it on.

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
OK, got an email from Daniyal asking about this and here is the scoop. Pardon the nerdiness. The ChronicDev Team who discovered the jailbreak in the bootrom had their version of the Jailbreak all set to go on 1010101010. Then, a day or 2 before, George Hotz (AKA GeoHot), the guy who came up with the first ever (which was software-based and would be deleted after every OS update) decided he would trump the ChronicDev team and release his a day early even though he said he was out of the iphone hacking game. This pissed a lot of people off, seeing as how it was just a low-blow, but his was also buggy. He did it just because. His version (also a bootrom exploit) is called limera1n. The dev team decided it was in the best interest of the iphone hacking community to delay their hack, and redo their software to use Geohotz' exploit instead. They did this because they figure its better in the long run to keep their exploit a secret so that when apple finds a way to fix the limera1n exploit (which, they say, will only be fixable with new hardware, so its a permanent jailbreak), they will have their reserved exploit in their back pocket.

Anyway, long story short, iOS 4.1 is jailbroken. Either through limera1n-which I wouldn't recommend or greenpois0n (thats a zero before the 'n'). I used greenpois0n with no complaints. Google jailbreak iphone if you want to find out more about what it can do. the official greenpois0n website is www.greenpois0n.com - do NOT use any other source as their are copy cat versions which only serve as to do things to your phone that you don't want done. Feel free to ask me questions.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks. I've been waiting to update to 4.1 and JB again. I've got LockInfo and haven't checked to see if it's compatible with 4.1. If it is, let me know, I'll definitely upgrade this weekend.

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks. I've been waiting to update to 4.1 and JB again. I've got LockInfo and haven't checked to see if it's compatible with 4.1. If it is, let me know, I'll definitely upgrade this weekend.
Is LockInfo a cydia app? BTW, cydia bought out Rock Your Phone, and transferred everything over. Sucks that everything is on cydia, but it takes some of the strain and fighting off the JB app community

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Is LockInfo a cydia app? BTW, cydia bought out Rock Your Phone, and transferred everything over. Sucks that everything is on cydia, but it takes some of the strain and fighting off the JB app community
Yeah, it's a Cydia app.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
lol! that is crazy...my bat signals were going yesterday then...I had to take 96 home from work due to accidents on 14...I got up to new hudson and went to try to cut across three lanes and could not make it...I was just gunna stop and buy some more cigars...that fd up! glad to hear u got some vagasil for that aching pussy of urs!