What's new

Shaving cream

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
OK guys. I have tried just about every cream I can find at big stores but no matter what I break out after I shave. So for about 2 years I've only used a electrical Razer. Can someone recommend a cream that might work for a sissy guy like me :)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I use Gillette sensitive and a Schick Hydro razor I got with newspaper ads (it was weird to me too.) I've found things work a lot better now that I only shave once a week! Not sure what I would do if I had to shave daily, but it would suck, my face is super sensitive and I'd just have rash all the time.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mitchells wool fat soap. It contains lanolin which is a natural moisturiser.
Great soap. I need to buy another cake some time.
I'm fond of the shaving soaps from D.R. Harris, which are largely tallow-based. They're a UK outfit but I usually order from West Coast Shaving. They carry cakes, creams, and sticks in several scents. Tabac is another one that's popular on the wet shaving boards. For travel, I keep a tube of Truefitt and Hill cream in the kit, usually the Trafalgar scent.

Austinoir

The luckiest guy in Shawshank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coconut oil at the end of a shower with only a razor (apply like shaving gel).

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I use Proraso green label products with a Gilette Proshield razor. After I take a shower I use their pre-shave cream, shaving cream and after shave. It's very cooling and I've noticed a big difference. Everything is available on Amazon.