What's new

she's moving....

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ha, I can relate - single dad too. My daughter is 28 now, married, has her own house (only 15 mins from mine) and has a great 1.5 year old son.

At first you're a little sad that she's gone. As time goes on, you come to terms with the progression of life. Then you're darn proud of her success and independence.

Best of luck to both of you.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
My daughters are only two and four months, and this is already depressing me. Congrats to your girl and best wishes in the new chapter for the both of you.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Congratulations to Stefanie!!!

As the father of 2 grown children I can indentify Jeff. The thing that I came to realize early on was that my job as a parent was to equip my children with the skills they needed to become adults and live on their own. I haven't always been 100% successful with this but I have always tried my hardest. It sounds like you have done a good job of that with Stefanie though.

One thing that I found helpful as my children "flew the nest" was to keep some sort of regular connection with them. My Daughter has been out of the house for almost 10 years now and we still speak with each other pretty much every Sunday. Years ago it was on the phone and now it is mostly via Skype. With my son I try to have lunch with him at least once a week. This is actually a family tradition. I have lunch with my Father almost once a week (we just had lunch today) and he had lunch with his brother and my Grandfather every Wednesday for many years until my Grandfather passed away. Keeping these connections has not eliminated the empty nest syndrome in my life but it has certainly made it more tolerable.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
My daughters are only two and four months, and this is already depressing me. Congrats to your girl and best wishes in the new chapter for the both of you.
I am right there with you... I know the day will come when my son and daughter have to leave the house (although my son did announce at dinner this evening that he intends to live in this house with us "forever and ever"), but I don't want to think about it just yet. Jeff, if you need to relive what having youngins in the house is like you know I am just over the hill from you these days! And as for your daughter - congrats to the young lady on this new and exciting stage. And congrats to you, Jeff, for doing a great job even though your job is not ever really "done" as you will always be her dad.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Congrats Stephanie. Hang in there brother; I know how you feel. My two girls and grand kids are in opposite directions; 400 miles away. Reunions are very sweet!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Atleast you were always there for here and that says alot these days. Take comfort in knowing she will always be there for you...even if she's not at home.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
It was nice to have her home with you but at least she is still close my friend.