What's new

Shipped wet!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just got these in today from CI. Shipped really wet. I never really paid attention to it I usually throw new cigars in the bottom of my humidor. Sometimes I’ll smoke one right away but I often have burn problems.

I got these on a great deal from CI. La Pearla Habana is my go to “budget” cigar. I got a box of them. I chucked a handful in the humidor and the rest in this. I’m planning on storing these in Tupperware.

I generally go with 65%. I use humidity beads in my main humidor. I had a 69% Bovida pack on hand. So I used it for this. I walked away and in about 10 min it was showing 75% I literally watched it creep up to 77%. So I was like what? I thought maybe I had a bad Boveda pack. So I took the pack out left it open for 10 minutes and put the hydrometer back in. I closed it up and watched it creep up to 77%.

So what do you think just throw the Boveda in and leave it be or dry box them for a day or so then put back in container with humidity pack? I’m taking the hydrometer out . I’ll be looking at it all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Agree with what everyone else has said. Also remember that there is nothing fast acting about Boveda. They are for long term storage. As you build a larger stash and the humidor stabilizes at the humidity level you prefer adding "wet" cigars will not have as dramatic an affect. Cigars, cedar, Bovedas all act as sumps absorbing and releasing moisture. Mass is your friend.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Just checked it again it’s up to 81%. House humidity is about 60% right now.

If the house stays around 60% even with the HVAC system running, how would just crack the top about an inch or two and let it sit that way for 2 days. Then if it creeps up above 70 just crack it open. Leave it for 2 or 3 days and try again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the house stays around 60% even with the HVAC system running, how would just crack the top about an inch or two and let it sit that way for 2 days. Then if it creeps up above 70 just crack it open. Leave it for 2 or 3 days and try again.
Right now we have been having beautiful weather in the day time. Windows open and AC off. At night we are having to turn heat on but it does not run much. In a few short months it will be AC 24/7!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So placed the 14 cigars that I had in the Tupperware into a 20 count desktop that I use for dry boxing. I left the Boveda pack in the Tupperware for a probably two hours. The RH went to 74%. I swapped it for a small tube of 65% humidity beads. It settled at 66%.

No idea. Maybe the seal is too predictable for a fresh Boveda. I stuck the hydrometer in the dry box humidor. It is showing 72%. So I’m just going to leave them in there for a couple days then add them to the Tupperware with the Boveda or the tube of humidity beads.

I think I’m overthinking this! Thanks for the advice anyway!!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60%RH should be great if you let them sit without humidification for awhile (not sure how long).

They should equilibrate over time but it will take awhile.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this issue with their shipments, just assumed they always ship this way. Anything I get from them goes in the bottom of the humidor for at least a month.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wound up leaving the 14 cigars in the small desk top humidor. I stuck a bóveda pack in it closed the lid and let it be. The other handful went to my main humidor.

This morning I checked them out. They seamed just fine. Maybe just a tad spongy. So I busted one out from my main humidor and fired it up. It smoked decent. Burn was pretty good. Flavor was what I remembered. Draw was good then tightened up slightly. Not problematic tight but enough to be slightly annoying. I’m gonna just leave them be for another few weeks. I’m thinking still too wet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry boxing them would definitely be ideal. I would take a probe to them to check the humidity. The tool is worth it.