What's new

Shipping/Customs question

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I ordered a mix of CC and NC from a Canadian vendor a couple weeks ago. Today I got a call from UPS saying the shipment was being held up until I provided them with my social security number and filled out a power of attorney form for customs. Anyone ever heard of this? I've ordered CC multiple times from European & Australian vendors and never had an issue like this. I'm leaning toward just refusing the shipment as its just some JLP and other c&c. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
This happens from Canada, they are tracking imports to ensure taxes are paid. The vendor should have filled out the paperwork showing they are responsible for duties. Probably didn't due to the CCs. I get this from time to time when ordering equipment for the business from Canada when the exporter doesn't fill out the paperwork properly.

P.S. I can't imagine pricing on cigars from Canada is any good, at least not from a legitimate vendor who has to pay the taxes. Could be wrong though.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
First of all, you sure it's actually UPS and not someone phishing for your info? Secondly, no way in heck I'd be giving my social or signing any documents for any shipment like this. Either ignore or refuse is for sure what I'd do, then let the vendor know. Is this a vendor that guarantees? If not, ask the vendor why this happened and chalk it up to a learning experience...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The tracking number I have shows that the package has been stuck in Louisville for the last week and the message that was left for me said to respond to a UPS email address. I suppose any email address can be faked, but real or not, I wasn't planning on giving them any more of my personal info that isn't already on the address label. I have heard of customs sending out letters, but I have never heard of the shipping company themselves doing it. As has been suggested, I'll be reaching out to the vendor tonight to see what they can do a about it.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk