What's new

Shipping to Australia

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Has anyone shipped cigars to Australia from the US before? I looked on USPS and saw that there were a couple international options using First Class, Priority Mail, and Express Mail. Which is the best option or are there better options? Does a customs form need to be filled out? Any other Caveats?

Thanks for all the help.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I haven't shipped cigars over, but I have shipped a plethora of other items over.

I don't always ship to Australia, but when I do, I ship via FedEx

Primarily since I get a 75% discount. They have always taken care of my shipping needs.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I live in Australia and have had countless packages shipped over.
I'm pretty sure I usually use priority mail.
I'm not sure how many you are shipping, but if you can fit it in a small flat rate box, do so. These usually very past our customs easily enough.
When it comes to the description, be creative, don't put 'Cigars', something like candles, pen set work well. Our tobacco import tax is about $515 per kilo currently.
Any other questions feel free to PM me mate. Happy to help.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've shipped a couple of boxes... Most economical is a plain box, I believe it was around $14 for 5 cigars... Took about 15 days to get to the destination so use boveda to keep them humidified. I can suggest putting "candles" on the customs form... Has worked for people in the past

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
USPS won't even take it if they see you've listed (or tell them) any tobacco product. I know from exp. writing down collectibles is an excellent idea, thank you adamjoshua.. That way it's not even a misrepresentation.