What's new

Shipping to Canada

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I want to send a bomb to a BOTL in Canada. I am worried that if I write Cigars on the Declare form, he will get taxed for them. I do not want that. Any suggestion on avoiding him having to pay money for the smokes? And the best way to ship?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
no, you absolutely cannot send CIGARS through canadian customs. they have issues with that, and a rather stiff taxation rate.

if you wanted to send "art supplies" or "collectbles" to our brethren to the north, though, they shouldn't have any issue with that.

just lik the USPS has issues with shipping liquids, AND alchohol, so i have never sent bourbon or beer through the post to brothers! o)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I've shipped "candle sticks" before without issue. Though once I got into a conversation with the lady behind the counter about my custom made candles...I have no idea how the hell one makes a candle stick :laugh:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I've shipped "candle sticks" before without issue. Though once I got into a conversation with the lady behind the counter about my custom made candles...I have no idea how the hell one makes a candle stick :laugh:.

Dan
LMAO!!! That's awesome!
I was gonna say declare them as "Decorative candles".. After Dan's post, make sure you wait in a guy's line at the PO.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Dan
Are you for real? You can declare "candle sticks" and have no issue whatsoever? lol.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Imo just declare cigars, and undervalue the amount.
If you're shipping a box go for $20-30, and $10-15 for fivers/ten's. Mark it as a gift.

I've been doing this for a couple of years now without ant issues.

I know many canucks though, who have lost their cigars because it was labeled candles, books etc.

Declare cigars, gift, low value, and your gold. No risk, and proven.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I shipped a medium flat rate ($32.95) to Canada yesterday and wrote down 'cook books', due to new size of that box. Stood in line for 40 minutes AND my flippin' contact fell out.....was half-blind the rest of the day.

Jeffrey L.