What's new

Shipping to Ireland

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a friend who is considering having cigars sent to Ireland for her father. He typically buys when he flys in and brings them home. This past trip they were forgotten. How difficult and any importation pitfalls would we be looking at. Any input would be appreciated.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
DON'T USE UPS ( they want u to buy a seat on the aircraft) , then they will contract to the cheapest flight going that way, I have been told USPS still does "Priority Mail" , Don't say ur shipping any type tubacco , Cigars, booze, (the person u r sending to has to pay taxes on the items u send them)

Trust me I learn the hard way , shiped a Secret Santa to the UK, UPS charged me $125.00 for a 14 LBS box , when they labeled it , it said 14 LBS, Item were 3 box's cigars, T-Shirts, and other items, wellllllllll when it gets to the UK I get an email from this guy stating he was refusing the box as it was going to cost him over $500.00 US , not sure what that in in UK ( But it was a allot,) I ending up emailing the UK postoffice , gave them a line of BS and told them there was only a 3 fiver of cigars, Not 3 boxs of cigars and ask if I could pay for the Tax in US Currency , Long story short, it cost him 50 US dallors to get a gift.....Thank u Mother Queen

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I was thinking a box of Christmas gifts clothing and such. Is there anyway to pay the vat ahead of time based on what you declare.
Only way I know is to find out what the cost of the tax's at the other end and slip that amount inside the gift box, I'm not sure if they tax all goods or just Booze, Tabacco ........ Good luck

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dont know if it is a thing she wants to attempt. I am afraid it might turn into a can of worms. I was hoping there might be a brother from those parts that might pm me with any suggestions.