What's new

shop closed in scottsdale?

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i just went to Lonsdales website to see what their hours were today. turns out that a nice shop here in scottsdale is no more. :sadpace:

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
the website just had a sign that said "lost our lease" and the phone number has been disconnected. it was a nice shop, but they never had what i thought i wanted. they had a great lounge though (2 separate areas), but it's over half an hour from my house. and when i'm close by, i'm at work.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
They were kind of hand to mouth for the past year. He was buying a lot of stuff from one of the larger B&M/On line outlets for the past couple of years.
There is a new one opening up in March in the general vicinity.

PuffingRob

Always Busy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's sad to see them go. I don't think anyone knows why exactly it closed, I would guess lack of customers/sales.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ford & Haig is rumored to be closing their doors, too, which is a shame cause they've been in Old Town for yeeeaaars and were really nice.

So that's one more down plus the MatchStix in Chandler which recently shut their doors due to lack of sales, but people are saying he will re-open in another location which I don't think it's likely.

Fat Buddha up north has been having 30-40% off store-wide sales constantly for the past few months. That's never a good sign. They are lacking sales solely due to their location, in my opinion. They are in an upscale area, which could still slow sales, but they are so far away from anything civilized, nobody wants to make the trip except locals, and there aren't many of 'em.

Anyone (in the Phoenix/Metro area) hear about the owner of Cigar Warehouse? He was recently arrested and let out on $1,000,000 bail for allegedly contracting an assassination on his ex-wife, her parents and her sister. They are still open though.

PuffingRob

Always Busy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ford & Haig is rumored to be closing their doors, too, which is a shame cause they've been in Old Town for yeeeaaars and were really nice.

So that's one more down plus the MatchStix in Chandler which recently shut their doors due to lack of sales, but people are saying he will re-open in another location which I don't think it's likely.

Fat Buddha up north has been having 30-40% off store-wide sales constantly for the past few months. That's never a good sign. They are lacking sales solely due to their location, in my opinion. They are in an upscale area, which could still slow sales, but they are so far away from anything civilized, nobody wants to make the trip except locals, and there aren't many of 'em.

Anyone (in the Phoenix/Metro area) hear about the owner of Cigar Warehouse? He was recently arrested and let out on $1,000,000 bail for allegedly contracting an assassination on his ex-wife, her parents and her sister. They are still open though.
The owner of Matchstix was talking about opening a new store, but has decided against it.

Ford & Haig - I wasn't aware of any issues. I will find out first hand shortly.

The owner of Cigar Warehouse has something in place to make sure his business remain running.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They were kind of hand to mouth for the past year. He was buying a lot of stuff from one of the larger B&M/On line outlets for the past couple of years.
There is a new one opening up in March in the general vicinity.

Where? It doesn't surprise me that any of the shops in North Scottsdale are going under because there are so many of them, around 10 at last count.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This really sucks. I know these folks put their heart and soul in to their business. I can tell you that I am at my shop 6 days a week.

Mark

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hate to lose Fat Buhudda. Nice guy and relaxed place. There was a note of desparation last visit.