What's new

Shopping habits

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When you first start out with your pipe budget and begin trying new blends, do you find yourself sticking to just a few blends, stocking up on those before straying from your comfort zone, or do you just buy a tin of whatever seems like it'd taste good?

I'm currently stocking up on GL Pease's Chelsea Morning, Esoterica's And So To Bed and Captain Earle's NightWatch.

I might grab a seasonal pipe tin too but I'm low on cigars so we'll see.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm set in my ways. I now buy the same blends - 5 or 10 tins at a time. I try to "cellar" one tin for every tin I smoke. I figure pipe tobacco will soon be illegal or prohibitively expensive. Eitehr way, I'll be prepared.

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm set in my ways. I now buy the same blends - 5 or 10 tins at a time. I try to "cellar" one tin for every tin I smoke. I figure pipe tobacco will soon be illegal or prohibitively expensive. Eitehr way, I'll be prepared.
haha aint that the truth? And with smoking police...

I'm stocking up on Chelsea Morning even though Greg Pease lives in SF and I can get his stuff anywhere but I'm also stocking up on the Esoterica and plan to grab more of teh Mac Barren HH Vintage Syrian. But I'm probably going to pen another Art of the Pipe on this where I talk about my newly discovered love of heavier nighttime tobaccos. We'll see

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 blends I buy but most of my purchases are vintage tins.

Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake
Solani 633
Astleys 44
McConnell Scottish Cake

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the above.

I stock up on old favourites, and always try something new. Pipe smoking for me is always about trying something I might like, something that looks good, something I didn't know before. That's why one buys new pipes, isn't it? I fear stagnation.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know when I started, I kinda went wild, and after the first 6 months accumulated about 8lbs worth of tobacco. However my bank account felt the pain. I've now gotten to the point that I stock up on what I am enjoying, a lot of GL Pease, some C&D, and Boswells!