What's new

Short dryfire video

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I've had a few people on here ask me what my dryfire practice is like. I have a big book of drills I work my way through, so this is only one example. But I broke out the camera to give a decent idea.

The drill is a simulation of a 3 target array. Draw to a far target, drive quickly to a close, open target at 10 yards, and then to another far target.
I'm using a 1/3 scale target at 10 feet, with two 2" circles as the far targets. Two shots on each.
I decided to add a reload. So it goes: Draw to Far Target #1 w/ two shots, reload, Close target w/ two shots, and then Far Target #2 w/ two shots.
PAR time is set at 2.9 seconds.

The audio is pretty useless on this one. Noises are both missing and delayed. I do curse at myself, so PARENTAL ADVISORY: EXPLICIT CONTENT.
:)

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I need to get in the habbit of more dry fire training. How often do you do your dry fire training?

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Dry fire practice is key. I don't do it often enough. Even just simple drills like drawing and finding a sight picture (no need to even pull the trigger - bust us an empty gun!) can make a huge difference. Make sure to practice with typical clothing and gear and it will pay dividends. Trigger control drills are great too. I learned to fire a DA revolver by balancing a dime in the barrel and pulling the trigger. Took months before I could keep the dime on there (and on my model 36, I still can't!!)

Thanks for sharing the video.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Some great advice. It is critical to practice so that when the real thing occurs, You are prepared. Whether it is competition or self defense, practice makes purpose.