What's new

Short Smokes

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The weather is finally starting to cool down. Im gonna need a 30 minute ish smoke to enjoy in the cold or in the car on the way home from work. Recommendations? I tend to enjoy a bolder smoke like a pd4.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If you can tell which vitolas last you for half an hour I could do a much better job, but I'll go with really short ones for the time being:
  • Cohiba Siglo I
  • Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos
  • Montecristo No. 5
  • Romeo y Julieta Petit Churchills

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Of the CC's I've had, I like the Siglo I, PLPC, Boli Coronas Junior, and Party Shorts.

I'm a big H.Upmann fan but I do not care for the HUHCs. They are not terrible, but the 4 mentioned above are much better in my opinion.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Now you have me interested in short smokes for the same reasons. So, I took what everyone recommended, tallied up the vote count and added the size out to the side of it. Will be interesting to continue tracking this as more votes come in.

I also ranked them in size from smallest to largest by multiplying the length times the width. I only did this to get some sort of an idea on how long each one would take to smoke relative to the others in the list. (y)

1 - El Rey Del Mundo Demi-Tasse (4 x 30)
1 - H.Upmann Half Coronas (3.5 x 44)
2 - Montecristo Media Corona (3.5 x 44)
2 - Cohiba Siglo I (4 x 40)
2 - Rafael Gonzales Perlas (4 x 40)
1 - Montecristo No. 5 (4 x 40)
1 - Partagas Serie D No. 6 (3.5 x 50)
3 - Bolivar Cornoas Junior (4.3 x 42)
3 - Partagas Shorts (4.3 x 42)
1 - Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas (4.3 x 42)
1 - Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos (4 x 50)
1 - Romeo y Julieta Petit Churchills (4 x 50)
3 - Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (5 x 42)

Last edited:

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Now you have me interested in short smokes for the same reasons. So, I took what everyone recommended, tallied up the vote count and added the size out to the side of it. Will be interesting to continue tracking this as more votes come in.

I also ranked them in size from smallest to largest by multiplying the length times the width. I only did this to get some sort of an idea on how long each one would take to smoke relative to the others in the list. (y)

1 - El Rey Del Mundo Demi-Tasse (4 x 30)
1 - H.Upmann Half Coronas (3.5 x 44)
1 - Montecristo Media Corona (3.5 x 44)
1 - Monte Media Corona (3.5 x 44)
2 - Cohiba Siglo I (4 x 40)
1 - Rafael Gonzales Perlas (4 x 40)
1 - Montecristo No. 5 (4 x 40)
1 - Partagas Serie D No. 6 (3.5 x 50)
3 - Bolivar Cornoas Junior (4.3 x 42)
3 - Partagas Shorts (4.3 x 42)
1 - Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas (4.3 x 42)
1 - Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos (4 x 50)
1 - Romeo y Julieta Petit Churchills (4 x 50)
3 - Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (5 x 42)
You can combine the votes for MMC and put another vote down for the RG Perlas.:)

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Really like the "volume-ish" calculation, Bdub. Do bear in mind that length has more influence than ring gauge over the duration of a smoke, since ring gauge influences not only volume, but also how much area of the cigar is alight at a time —not criticising the list you made, but putting up a point to consider when determining which cigar will last 30-ish minutes. Of course, worst-case scenario, just smoke them all and experiment.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Really like the "volume-ish" calculation, Bdub. Do bear in mind that length has more influence than ring gauge over the duration of a smoke, since ring gauge influences not only volume, but also how much area of the cigar is alight at a time —not criticising the list you made, but putting up a point to consider when determining which cigar will last 30-ish minutes. Of course, worst-case scenario, just smoke them all and experiment.
Yeah, it's just a method I thought about to try and give a rough, directional idea on how long the cigar might last. This list is really designed around the relation to the cigars mentioned - not necessarily exact length of time.

You may be right about length being more important than RG. The only "argument" (for lack of better words) I would have for that is those Nub cigars. Crazy short and crazy thick (is that what she said??) but it still lasts an hour or more.

At the end of the day, exact times will vary on the person smoking and where they are located. There is no way to universally gauge how long a cigar will smoke because each dude smokes differently. A churchill might take me a full 1.5 hour but I know @bostoneo and @Jay_Habanos can woof it down in 25 minutes. haha

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
In my limited experience, HUHC or PSD6 is what you want if you're looking for a bolder smoke in a 30min format. Siglo I are excellent,, but too expensive by half.

PCs take me an hour, and often even the 4x40s take me closer to an hour, but I'll sometimes light one up anyway knowing I'll have to toss a perfectly good nub. Party shorts and Boli CJs are good little flavor-bombs. More medium are the Monte 5s, RASCCs, RG Perlas, Punch Petit Coronations, etc etc etc.

Pretty much all of them are great though. I also smoke a lot of JLPs because I'm cheap and they're actually pretty good.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The weather is finally starting to cool down. Im gonna need a 30 minute ish smoke to enjoy in the cold or in the car on the way home from work. Recommendations? I tend to enjoy a bolder smoke like a pd4.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
What about LFD El Jocko?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk