What's new

Should I like these?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I don't... tried both fresh and with a few years on them, just something off to me with the flavor: Esoterica Margate and Germain's Plum Cake

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I know a lot of people praise these blends and they're very sought after. Just wondering what I'm missing?
I'm not sure. If I had to guess, maybe because they're not readily available here in the US? Or it's made in small batches with some special tobacco crops or something?

Trust me, I'm out of the loop also.

My fear is I'll enjoy it then have to stalk websites and vendors. Only to take the gamble and possibly come back empty handed.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm with you, I don't care for either one myself... or pembroke . Have you tried and so to bed? I just did for the first time and it's pretty darn good.
I've not tried that one, haven't had the opportunity, but the description I read on tobaccoreviews.com indicate to me it's in the same vein as Plum Cake, wet and fruity.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm not sure. If I had to guess, maybe because they're not readily available here in the US? Or it's made in small batches with some special tobacco crops or something?

Trust me, I'm out of the loop also.

My fear is I'll enjoy it then have to stalk websites and vendors. Only to take the gamble and possibly come back empty handed.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk
Well if you want to try these I'd be happy to send you samples.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've not tried that one, haven't had the opportunity, but the description I read on tobaccoreviews.com indicate to me it's in the same vein as Plum Cake, wet and fruity.
To me it was nothing like plum cake lol, it reminded me more of the pelican you sent me just a bit less smoky.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hmmm, thats the one thing I like about this hobby, we have LOTS of time to try new mixes. Smoke what you like then occasionally throw a new one into the rotation to see how you like it. Which English blends have you found to be excellent in your opinion, just curious! I agree, I unfortunately find more tobaccos that are just OK as opposed to excellent.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I am partial to Balkan blends as to me a much fuller flavor, like Balkan Supreme, Bill Baileys, Balkan Sobranie and Sasieni, and SG Balkan Flake. Regular "English" blends seem too mild to me. Pelican is an exception of course. I do find that if I add some Latakia to the ones I feel are too mild there is an improvement, but I just prefer a fuller/stronger flavor profile.

Last edited: