What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Take caps off to acclimate for a month or so then put caps back on and forget about them for 20 years. Some of the best aged smokes I've had (I haven't had too many) were tubos.
20 weeks maybe/ 20 months possibly... no way I'm sittin on smokes for 20 years LOL! But caps off sounds like a decent idea. I was just thinking about tossing the tubos altogether.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I too have 15 tubos in the air. Do you just discard the tubes and store the smokes in the humi?
I will definitely keep them in the Tubo, might try the cap off for a month idea this time, makes sense.

But the odd occasion I've had Tubos before I've always left them in.
Good deal on COH hey!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have a love/hate with tubes. Man I love the looks of them but the only "outbreak" of mold I had was in a bunch of tubos. I went to open one up to smoke it and the thing was covered. Checked the rest of the batch and they were all the same and I had checked them when I put them in too. No mold anywhere else in the humi but I had to wipe down and give those tubos their own home while I smoked through them.

Now the paranoid side of me doesn't like leaving them in the tubos because I can't see whats going on in there hahaha

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have a love/hate with tubes. Man I love the looks of them but the only "outbreak" of mold I had was in a bunch of tubos. I went to open one up to smoke it and the thing was covered. Checked the rest of the batch and they were all the same and I had checked them when I put them in too. No mold anywhere else in the humi but I had to wipe down and give those tubos their own home while I smoked through them.

Now the paranoid side of me doesn't like leaving them in the tubos because I can't see whats going on in there hahaha
Yeah that's a bit scary!

And while I check my stash regularly I don't open Tubos regularly, maybe I'll leave the caps off the whole time, and leave them in a box on top of the humi ready to grab when I travel with one.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah that's a bit scary!

And while I check my stash regularly I don't open Tubos regularly, maybe I'll leave the caps off the whole time, and leave them in a box on top of the humi ready to grab when I travel with one.
I think I'll leave them out of the tubes, but keep a couple of the actual tubes on the side for when I'm ready to grab one of these to smoke at the lounge. Win/Win