What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here they are:

They smell and feel great and all, but I'd hate to find out that someone re-bands them.

Bottom of the box says LMA NOV 10

The country seal shows the slightest bit of a UPC that was cut off where the seal was sliced open. It was torn in such a way that even if I scanned it, the first 1/3 is missing completely.

The following explanation was given to me within minutes of my email to customer service:

Habanos have added new seals. These contain a bar code and a hologram. Distributors are as a rule removing these two parts.

If you look at our FAQ we make mention of the fact that boxes are often opened and resealed or not resealed at all.

Fakes are not sent to Europe to be reshipped to the US.

Fakes are produced in central america.
Sent to the US without boxes or bands in order not to have to contend with US customs.
Cigars are then packaged (in perfect packs) by people mostly in Florida.

You see, in the US many are under the incorrect impression that Cubans make and handle boxes perfectly, and counterfeiters do not. It is exactly the opposite that holds true.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
TEU DIC10

i already had the cigars, the box just arrived, and i wanted to post a proper pic.

sorry i have to...
Cigars: "You complete me"
Box: "You had me hello"

thanks for indulging me.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

The country seal shows the slightest bit of a UPC that was cut off where the seal was sliced open. It was torn in such a way that even if I scanned it, the first 1/3 is missing completely.

The following explanation was given to me within minutes of my email to customer service:

Habanos have added new seals. These contain a bar code and a hologram. Distributors are as a rule removing these two parts.

If you look at our FAQ we make mention of the fact that boxes are often opened and resealed or not resealed at all.

Fakes are not sent to Europe to be reshipped to the US.

Fakes are produced in central america.
Sent to the US without boxes or bands in order not to have to contend with US customs.
Cigars are then packaged (in perfect packs) by people mostly in Florida.

You see, in the US many are under the incorrect impression that Cubans make and handle boxes perfectly, and counterfeiters do not. It is exactly the opposite that holds true.
I wouldn't sweat it. The removal of the bar code is nothing unusual from Grey-Market sources.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
TEU DIC10

i already had the cigars, the box just arrived, and i wanted to post a proper pic.

sorry i have to...
Cigars: "You complete me"
Box: "You had me hello"

thanks for indulging me.
I see 10 sticks in there... quite the willpower... :squinteye

:applause:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Those BHK boxes DO look pretty sweet in pictures, I'll give you that! Just so much freakin' money for a robusto. The 54 is probably the one I'd get ... if it were 1/2 the price, lol.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
They smell and feel great and all, but I'd hate to find out that someone re-bands them.

I've had a few boxes that way. Grey market. They remove that stuff so it cant be tracked back to the distibutors. Don't worry about it.