What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Couple boxes of Exe 4's. Look at the difference in wrappers from 2014 to 2016. The 2016's almost look like maduro wrappers. I wish I had an ample enough supply to avoid 2016 CC's altogether but it wasn't in the cards. Fortunately, I got a box of 14's and I have rarely smoked a 14 that disappointed.
032.JPG
033.JPG

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I like thin colorado wrappers on Partagas Shorts and D4s. These seem about right.
View attachment 103383 View attachment 103384
Same code, and I agree on the wrappers.

Ditto, but I had a few 17s that were great and some '15s that were just pretty good. Now I'm confused..
Don't forget that this is a man-made product. Sometimes you may get greatness, while other times you just get goodness. Also, some guys prefer fresher smokes, you may fall into that category.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Same code, and I agree on the wrappers.

Don't forget that this is a man-made product. Sometimes you may get greatness, while other times you just get goodness. Also, some guys prefer fresher smokes, you may fall into that category.
My hunch is that it was just due to batch variances. I'll probably find out once I get to try some more. Need to keep up with these codes.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
My hunch is that it was just due to batch variances. I'll probably find out once I get to try some more. Need to keep up with these codes.
Code is less important than age imo. Now, that's not to say that there aren't preferred factories out there, but overall the year is going to be the underlying factor. Also, it's not stated enough, but RH goes a LONG way with CCs.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Code is less important than age imo. Now, that's not to say that there aren't preferred factories out there, but overall the year is going to be the underlying factor. Also, it's not stated enough, but RH goes a LONG way with CCs.
I could see how smaller ones could age faster.. But over the course of a year wouldn't they run through varying quality batches of tobacco?
Are you saying the cc's really Need to be at 62 for optimal flavor? That could have been a factor.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I could see how smaller ones could age faster.. But over the course of a year wouldn't they run through varying quality batches of tobacco?
Are you saying the cc's really Need to be at 62 for optimal flavor? That could have been a factor.
Yes, there's always going to be varying batches of quality. However, a lot of us have been smoking multiple of the same stick across multiple years and I'm not sure we see a huge variance.

They don't need to be at 62, they can be wherever you like them. The general consensus on CCs seems to be 60-65. Personally, I like them in the 60-62 range.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yes, there's always going to be varying batches of quality. However, a lot of us have been smoking multiple of the same stick across multiple years and I'm not sure we see a huge variance.

They don't need to be at 62, they can be wherever you like them. The general consensus on CCs seems to be 60-65. Personally, I like them in the 60-62 range.
I'm a 65 kinda guy, across all my cigars. I have never tried going lower though...