What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice haul Sean! Them Johnny O's definitely have piqued my curiousity.

Jealous :disappoin LOL
Haha thanks. I smoked my first ROTT and it was awesome. It was a bit moist yet the burn was perfect and the taste was amazing except a little bit green, need some serious aging. PM me if you want John's contact info.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Haha thanks. I smoked my first ROTT and it was awesome. It was a bit moist yet the burn was perfect and the taste was amazing except a little bit green, need some serious aging.
That was my experience as well. Some like, some don't, as with any cigar. Glad you liked :)

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Wow Ben... you must have some serious storage area for all them smokes you are buying. Either that or you smoke like a chimney.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Wow Ben... you must have some serious storage area for all them smokes you are buying. Either that or you smoke like a chimney.
The Jars does not have to be stored in a humidor, my fiance also think they are beutiful so I have them in the bedroom. Nice to wake up and see a jar.

c money

Banned
Rating - 90%
10   1   0
The Jars does not have to be stored in a humidor, my fiance also think they are beutiful so I have them in the bedroom. Nice to wake up and see a jar.
Why don't they? They hold temp that well? Always figured the jar would be too pours... What do u use for humidity?

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Why don't they? They hold temp that well? Always figured the jar would be too pours... What do u use for humidity?
They are pretty much air tight so there is not much humid that can leak. It is the same principal as with long time aging, you dont want any "nw air" getting in and that is why I and most collectors I know put 2 ziplock bags on a box after it has settled for 2-3 months to make sure nothing gets in or out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty much air tight so there is not much humid that can leak. It is the same principal as with long time aging, you dont want any "nw air" getting in and that is why I and most collectors I know put 2 ziplock bags on a box after it has settled for 2-3 months to make sure nothing gets in or out.
I have always heard and thought that they had to "breathe" while they were aging. Is this not true. Or do the ziplocs give them enough air to do so?

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have always heard and thought that they had to "breathe" while they were aging. Is this not true. Or do the ziplocs give them enough air to do so?
New air is anything but optimal for aging. Some people will say the opposit but you will not find a collector that agrees with them. I check my long time aging cigar one every 2 years, just open the box and have a look. But the Jars, they will not be opened untill I am going to smoke them and that will be in years!