"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
These arrived earlier than expected. I've read they need a lot of rest. Is this true?
I don't tend to like them until around the 7 year mark, then between 7 and 8 years they get good. I agree with @Opforty that since it's a 50 cab, smoke one every 6 months until you like them. If it takes 7 years, you still have 36 left....and if you like them sooner, bonus! I am probably deeper in PLPC cabs than any other cigar, so it allows me to smoke from my 2011 cabs now, and let the ones from subsequent years age untouched.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I don't tend to like them until around the 7 year mark, then between 7 and 8 years they get good. I agree with @Opforty that since it's a 50 cab, smoke one every 6 months until you like them. If it takes 7 years, you still have 36 left....and if you like them sooner, bonus! I am probably deeper in PLPC cabs than any other cigar, so it allows me to smoke from my 2011 cabs now, and let the ones from subsequent years age untouched.
Wow, 7 years. Looks like I should buy another cab later this year to age. I will definitely smoke one every 6 months starting this Spring. My goal is to figure out what I like so I can get a couple of boxes of each cigar to age.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Wow, 7 years. Looks like I should buy another cab later this year to age. I will definitely smoke one every 6 months starting this Spring. My goal is to figure out what I like so I can get a couple of boxes of each cigar to age.
Some like em young.
Absolutely, I have several friends who like them young as well. For me, I just find them harsh, and would rather smoke a fresh Party Short or Upmann PC and let those PLPCs get to here they're in my wheelhouse....but I respect those who feel differently.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
These arrived earlier than expected. I've read they need a lot of rest. Is this true?
Some like em young.
Absolutely, I have several friends who like them young as well. For me, I just find them harsh, and would rather smoke a fresh Party Short or Upmann PC and let those PLPCs get to here they're in my wheelhouse....but I respect those who feel differently.
Batch variances could also be a big factor though couldn't they?

Those could be getting in a nice zone earlier than some other batches from some other years.

The fiver of 16's I got seem like they'll need a decade....