What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Nice pick ups Jimmy, I have a Jul 2010 box of Des Diuex burried for the long haul after all the 2003's are gone. I'd be interested to hear how it compares to the 03.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Finally! I've been searching high and low, then finally, a brother gave me a heads up on where they were available, so I bought it!
Box is sealed, so unfortunately no pics of the cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always looking for a sale item from Cuba, I bought these from one of my favorite B&Ms last week:

cigars.jpg
cigars detail.jpg

Got both the Montecristo Eagles (6 1/16" x 54 ring) and Punch Black Prince (5 5/8" x 46 ring) while each were (US =) $5 off the regular price $22 and $17 each. I felt buying all four for just under 50 bucks was a good deal. Especially buying in ones and twos.

I know. I know; someone will say how I am overpaying for these vitolas. But you must remember that these are legally distributed and sold, fully taxed (Brazil is a tax-mad country!) and I can smoke them in front of any government official in Brazil without fear of confiscation nor be in danger of being fined. 17 for a large-sized Monte and 12 for a Gorda Corona Punch would be exceptional prices in the USA, after a very short period of time passed for prices to find the demand, were the Cuban embargo lifted in the states tomorrow.

The Eagles were created in 2009 to celebrate the inaugural Cuban Open pro/am golf tournament, "The Montecristo Cup," held annually since that time. As most CC's they are wrapped impeccably and have a nice sheen to them. When I finally smoke one, after a month or so in my humidor, I will review it.

The Black Prince is a discontinued line and from what I was told, very hard to find. This item is on sale at my B&M until sold out. I might have to buy more, if it lives up to my preconceptions. I will smoke one of these this coming weekend, since the box they came out of has been at my B&M for plenty of time. I'll comment on it after firing one up.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
The Black Prince is a discontinued line and from what I was told, very hard to find. This item is on sale at my B&M until sold out. I might have to buy more, if it lives up to my preconceptions. I will smoke one of these this coming weekend, since the box they came out of has been at my B&M for plenty of time. I'll comment on it after firing one up.
Hey, don't want to come off as rude but you should know the Punch in the photo are not Black Prince. The Black Prince was discontinued 2002. What it looks like you have there is a current production Punch Punch. Same size as the black prince but much different band. The punch punch you have is from 2009 at the earliest.