What's new

Show/List your latest CC Purchase

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
They are "80s", the cabs are easier because you can still get dates on box/cabs these are just "80s" one of the packages was in a Christie's auction in the 90s and even then the auction sticker and lot number says 1980 but take that for what it's worth, probably mid 80s, that's what you tend to see the most of. They are quite pristine the picture doesn't really do them justice.
Those bands in the first pic, just wow, congrats again man make sure to post some pics if you take flame to them!

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Re: the Davidoffs: woooooooooooow. Let us know how they smoke, I've always been afraid to buy them because many of them seem to have lost steam by now. But a good puro with decades of time on them is hard to beat.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Re: the Davidoffs: woooooooooooow. Let us know how they smoke, I've always been afraid to buy them because many of them seem to have lost steam by now. But a good puro with decades of time on them is hard to beat.
I don't get how you think they have "lost steam", whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
A lot of people think they "lost steam" and are on the downward spiral. Still a great smoke if you've never tried one though, but don't have your heart set on the best cigar you've ever had.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't get how you think they have "lost steam", whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
A lot of people think they "lost steam" and are on the downward spiral. Still a great smoke if you've never tried one though, but don't have your heart set on the best cigar you've ever had.
I've had a few and they are right in my wheelhouse, guess I'm lucky :)

Last edited:

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I've had a few and they are right in my wheelhouse, guess I'm lucky :)
Which Davidoffs have you smoked? I feel like I hear that concern/criticism most often about the Châteaux series/Dom Perignon. I don't know that I've even read a review of a vintage Tubo before, honestly.

(But only a lightly-related comment...the world needs more 6x38 cigars. That is, in my view, the perfect vitola.)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been able to partake in a few Davi No. 1s that have all been amazing, that being said I have heard from some good friends that they are really hit and miss, some of them are flat and some have construction issues "welcome to the world of a handmade product" as Carl said, I have purchased and smoked 2 Davi 5000s and they were freaking amazing to me, never tried the Tubos, but that will change soon, a trusted source of information has told me the tubos are outstanding and he's never had a dud in years of smoking Davis, that made me feel better after hearing all of the horror stories about he No 1s LOL

I will probably smoke the first Davi No.1 at our weekly Thursday night herf here in SD, a little puff puff pass action.