What's new

Show/List your latest NC Purchase

JFiz

What the shit man
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I haven't been spending nearly enough time enjoying a smoke since moving over 3 yrs ago. Until now I have not bought any cigars since I moved and most of the ones I have on hand are over 3 yrs old. I miss my smoking buddies from up north. I don't know anyone local that smokes and don't know where to get sticks local so I just smoked the few times I have been back to visit them or when they came here to visit. I did break into a few the last few weeks and really enjoyed smoking again.

So, I bought myself these for my birthday.
bdaysticks.jpg

Then I decided to buy a few for Christmas. One of my northern buddies suggested the sharks as he knows I like AF's. I had to add another to hit $50 for free shipping lol.
MVIMG_20171229_122054.jpg

My mother in law of all people got me some in WV and shipped to me for my birthday. I'll have to give her credit on this one.
jgsticks.jpg

John

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I haven't been spending nearly enough time enjoying a smoke since moving over 3 yrs ago. Until now I have not bought any cigars since I moved and most of the ones I have on hand are over 3 yrs old. I miss my smoking buddies from up north. I don't know anyone local that smokes and don't know where to get sticks local so I just smoked the few times I have been back to visit them or when they came here to visit. I did break into a few the last few weeks and really enjoyed smoking again.

So, I bought myself these for my birthday.
View attachment 107346

Then I decided to buy a few for Christmas. One of my northern buddies suggested the sharks as he knows I like AF's. I had to add another to hit $50 for free shipping lol.
View attachment 107347

My mother in law of all people got me some in WV and shipped to me for my birthday. I'll have to give her credit on this one.
View attachment 107348

John
Dude, your mother in law did well! Not sure what the one on the right is, but you should really enjoy the others. (y)

JFiz

What the shit man
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
She's already asked about them. I told her the need to sit a while before they're ready. I looked them up as I am not familiar with them. The one on the right is a MBombay Mora.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
She's already asked about them. I told her the need to sit a while before they're ready. I looked them up as I am not familiar with them. The one on the right is a MBombay Mora.
(y) The v Melanio is a delicious standard. The Oscar Maduro is apparently so good it made Mick cry.. ;) and the AJ Upmann is shockingly good for a product from the Big companies, especially in their Cuban brand rip off lines.

JFiz

What the shit man
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
(y) The v Melanio is a delicious standard. The Oscar Maduro is apparently so good it made Mick cry.. ;) and the AJ Upmann is shockingly good for a product from the Big companies, especially in their Cuban brand rip off lines.
Well now I'm definitely looking forward to smoking them :joyful:

What's the story behind Mick?

Anyone familiar with the MBombay?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well now I'm definitely looking forward to smoking them :joyful:

What's the story behind Mick?

Anyone familiar with the MBombay?
Haha, just one of our illustrious members, and Unpossible_1 (Doug) ^ there's local friend. Screen name irratebass. He was joking.. Probably.. Maybe.. Hopefully.. but he smokes a lot, reviews, and has decent taste (excluding whiskey) so I'm inclined to trust his opinion. ;) Granted we all have unique palates. But yeah, she did good. No clue on the MBombay.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hello @JFiz I'm Mickey, and yes the Oscar Maduro was my #1 of 2017.

Doug @Unpossible_1 bought it yesterday at the shop at I work at and I told him to be careful, because he will see God.

About halfway in I asked him if he saw Lemmy........he said Lemmy is not God........I didn't have a comeback

Let us know if you see Lemmy when you smoke it Bro.

JFiz

What the shit man
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hiya Mickey @irratebass.

Oh man! What are they putting in there :jawdrop: he he. I'll have to let ya'll know once I fire that one up. I'll make sure I smoke it at home just incase ;) Was that Lemmy's cigar of choice?

It's nice to meet some nuts that are simi local lol. I read somewhere on here where you work. Nice to have such good access.

Enjoy!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hiya Mickey @irratebass.

Oh man! What are they putting in there :jawdrop: he he. I'll have to let ya'll know once I fire that one up. I'll make sure I smoke it at home just incase ;) Was that Lemmy's cigar of choice?

It's nice to meet some nuts that are simi local lol. I read somewhere on here where you work. Nice to have such good access.

Enjoy!
Nah Lemmy was a Marlboro, Jack N Coke kinda God.

Are you local? (Indiana??)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Hello @JFiz I'm Mickey, and yes the Oscar Maduro was my #1 of 2017.

Doug @Unpossible_1 bought it yesterday at the shop at I work at and I told him to be careful, because he will see God.

About halfway in I asked him if he saw Lemmy........he said Lemmy is not God........I didn't have a comeback

Let us know if you see Lemmy when you smoke it Bro.
Hiya Mickey @irratebass.

Enjoy!
Hahaha, Doug is right, no musician is God. Not even Clapton.. ;)

Yeah, but micks shop doesn't have his other favorites so he's kinda screwed there... ;)

All that said @JFiz we all have different palates and going into a stick with too high of expectations can ruin a perfectly good stick. Try to go in expecting nothing, and see how it treats you.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hahaha, Doug is right, no musician is God. Not even Clapton.. ;)

Yeah, but micks shop doesn't have his other favorites so he's kinda screwed there... ;)

All that said @JFiz we all have different palates and going into a stick with too high of expectations can ruin a perfectly good stick. Try to go in expecting nothing, and see how it treats you.
Jeremy is correct too much hype can lead to too high of expectations. Just smoke it and form your own judgement.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Jeremy is correct too much hype can lead to too high of expectations. Just smoke it and form your own judgement.
I will say the great thing is all 4 of those sticks carry a different flavor profile, so you should have no trouble finding one or more that fits along with your preferable wheelhouse. The only one I haven't smoked is the MBombay, but they are an under the radar company that is on my list.