What's new

Show Me Your Rack - Your PIPE Rack

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Because of my lack of impulse control in shopping coupled with overly-generous brothers, I suddenly find myself with several pipes (12, actually, as of this moment and only because I lost out on a couple of EBay auctions).

Currently, I have them in a small plastic storage bin to keep the dust off of them but I want to show them off - even though they're in my office where virtually no one but me will see them.

So, I'd love to see pics of your pipe racks. I know that, in the "show me you cellar" threads that you can see the different methods you use for displaying and holding your pipes, but I was hoping you all would be willing to indulge me and take pictures of the racks closer up. Also, if you're so inclined, I'd love to know your thoughts (pros/cons) on the racks you have.

Thanks brothers!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm interested too.

I won't share a picture, but I'll paint a verbal one. I keep my pipes in pipe socks, all resting in a decorative shoe box. That shoe box is next to another decorative piece: my Tupperdore. :)

At least this way vulcanite won't oxidize due to light.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I'm interested too.

I won't share a picture, but I'll paint a verbal one. I keep my pipes in pipe socks, all resting in a decorative shoe box. That shoe box is next to another decorative piece: my Tupperdore. :)

At least this way vulcanite won't oxidize due to light.
Thanks! I have a coolidor so I am perfectly fine with placing function higher on the "need" scale than form. But I should, until I figure out the display method, put mine in some kind of pouch/sock. Great idea.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
And, with your post, we've just seen every pipe rack/holder ever made! :rofl:

Thanks Dave!

Although I am not yet at your level of... obsession? (Yeah, I am, just not at your level of ownership) I appreciate seeing the different options.
Oh u will lol. I've been at it over 2 years. I think u will surpass me in that time lol
I fear you're right.

Originally, I was supposed to be a single parent this coming weekend as my wife was going to take a certification class. That fell through so I've already found a couple of estate sales/flea markets to hit.

I blame you (but I think you know that, LOL)

Rating - 100%
163   0   0

Thanks Dave!

Although I am not yet at your level of... obsession? (Yeah, I am, just not at your level of ownership) I appreciate seeing the different options.
Oh u will lol. I've been at it over 2 years. I think u will surpass me in that time lol
I fear you're right.

Originally, I was supposed to be a single parent this coming weekend as my wife was going to take a certification class. That fell through so I've already found a couple of estate sales/flea markets to hit.

I wear that badge with pride!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0

Thanks Dave!

I fear you're right.

I wear that badge with pride!
And the time will come soon enough when I, finally no longer a n00b, can give someone else the same level of thrashing!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have 5 small pipe racks. Nothing as nice as ones already posted. However the 5 I have only account for 1/2 my Pipe

One Rack holds 12 is square, 2 sides holds 4 and 2 sides hold 2. In the center is a Place for holding tobacco.
One rack has 6 pipes on 2 sides.
one rack common shape of my 12 pipes and 4 pipes holds 6
one rack same as above but holds 4
and one rack that holds 6 with 2 lathe turned dowls holds up the top.
Holding a total of 40 pipes. So right now I am working on either building or trying to put together a way to get my pipes all together in one place. 81 pipes I have in the past a problem with buying pipes. Out of all the pipes all but 1 are smoke able and have smoked them all at one time or another....

I couldn't get all my pipes in one picture but here is one that has 50ish of the 80 that I have.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/WaRevo07/IMG_2186_zps7d761af8.jpg

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That is a nice looking Cabinet and something i have been looking into doing. Also a few other ideas in the works. One is adding some to my Desk Drawer around 12 per tier. Then 2 tiers per drawer however I have another drawer on the left of my desk that was meant for files and is 2 times the size of the ones on the right. So could do 12 x 3 or 4. The problem I have had at making this is the Set would be per pipe. Where the pipe was put it would have to stay in that tier and slot. Still working out some kinks..

James

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

This was my pipe rack I stumbled across at a yard sale/antique store off the beaten path near my girlfriend's house. I made a separate thread when I purchased this rack and will post that thread when I can find it. This is the current picture and my baccy is on the desk in mason jars not pictured, so I have plenty! I left the baccy in the tins, well in their tins for now lol.

I also (temporarily) put my 3 pipe rack on the bottom shelf to keep it out of the way of the small cabinet since that's where all my cleaners, filters and other crap stays. The drawer has some baccy bags of samples that I put into mason jars, my lighters, tampers and a pipe stand.

EDIT: Here's the link to the thread when I first purchased the pipe rack

http://www.botl.org/index.php?threads/My-new-pipe-rack.80269/

Last edited: