What's new

Show off you accessories

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Why not; show us what you use to light, store, clip, or punch your sticks. Anything else you have cigar related is always coveted... I mean appreciated as well :)

I use a

Spanish Dunhill 3 stick cigar case
A 3 year old ronson lighter that works the first time, everytime.
An amazingly sharp extra wide punch; simple and deadly.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Awesome thread brother. I use a zippo with a z-plus single flame insert. Works like a beauty.
Also I have my Xikar Xi2 cut which cuts just as well as the day I bought it. I also have a Black ops 4 stick hard case she is water proof and crush proof and I love her but don't have a pic.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Not to thread jack but what's the advantage or disadvantage of a punch versus a cutter?
It's just preference really. Pros and cons to each depending on who you ask
Okay, I have 2 cheap cutters I got from my local shops. They seam to work just fine but I'm still new to this whole thing.
Invest in a good cutter. Most here will recommend a Palio or a Xikar. I prefer the Xikar, but both are fantastic. Trust me on this, as the cheapos wear out, they're begin ruining your fine cigars. Invest in a good cutter now, and you'll never regret it.

As to your original question, the guillotine and punch cutters affect the way the smoke is drawn into your mouth, similar to how a torpedo funnels the smoke differently than a regular toro. It's generally just a matter of preference, or in some cases (such as lighters with built-in punch cutters) a matter of convenience as to which you prefer.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Okay that makes sense, most of the cigars I've purchased have had a square end or flat end. Haven't had too many torpedo types yet, I got a few on the newbie trade and have yet to try those out. Any punches you recommend to look into?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Xikar makes a good one. I don't care much for the punch so I don't usually use one.

Back on topic, here's a few of my favorite accessories:

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I am not a punch fan except when I am about somewhere and, unexpectedly, have the opportunity to enjoy a cigar. Then I am quite thankful that I carry an inexpensive punch on my key ring.

I am a fan of Xikar and I have the Xi2 cutter and an Executive II lighter (pics to follow later). So I will be ordering one of their twist punches in the near future. But, yeah, that cheap punch also ruined a Hemingway Best Seller a month ago, so beware the cheap cutters.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm a cigar accessory nut so I have accumulated more stuff than I need. Here are pics of some of my accessories.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

I love the lotus because it has two punches and the guillotine. And the kershaw gets used almost as often as my actual cutter since it's always on my person. I've been through a ton of gas lighters and have since moved away from them and almost exclusively just use matches now.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I have a Xicar cutter, an S.T. Dupont Maxijet, an IM Corona Old Boy, a .30-06 shell for a punch, and my favorite, the tabletop cutter with several v-cut slots as well as regular cut.

photo.JPG