What's new

Show off your Zippos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a cigarette smoker I love a zippo, carry one every day. Last two were gifts, first from my coworkers in the mid 90s. Gold plated with black padded inserts. Replaced that two years ago with a gift from my daughter, plain polished chrome. Both are engraved with my initials.

The pick is of another zippo I own. A table lighter from the late 40s. No markings on the case. It is marked "Zippo" on the insert. It's large, 4.25" tall, 1.25" by 1.5" around. Weighs about 19 ounces. Takes a quarter can of fluid to fill it. Works beautifully.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a cigarette smoker I love a zippo, carry one every day. Latrobe two were gifts, first from my coworkers in the mid 90s. Gold plated with black padded inserts. Replaced that two years ago with a gift from my daughter, plain polished chrome. Both are engraved with my initials.

The pick is of another zippo I own. A table lighter from the late 40s. No markings on the case. It is marked "Zippo" on the insert. It's large, 4.25" tall, 1.25" by 1.5" around. Weighs about 19 ounces. Takes a quarter can of fluid to fill it. Works beautifully.
That appears to be a Zippo Barcroft. Great lighter. As a zippo geek I'm really jealous.

http://www.goantiques.com/vintage-zippo-2-2293150

Sent from the ether using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That appears to be a Zippo Barcroft. Great lighter. As a zippo geek I'm really jealous.

http://www.goantiques.com/vintage-zippo-2-2293150

Sent from the ether using Tapatalk

It is indeed! Second generation, 1947-1949 (first had a one step base, and was slightly larger, third used a standard sized insert in the base). No markings on the case, "Zippo" is stamped on the insert along with the patent number, which is how you can date it.

I collect table lighters. Picked this up in a box lot with a couple pocket lighters at an auction. Cost me $18.00 for the lot. The lighter was in great shape, cleaned it and filled it, and used it for weeks before the fluid ran out.