What's new

Show us your bands!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In the process of designing my man cave and I want to display the bands I have piling up. Any ideas on interesting ways to show off this art work?

I'm thinking of gluing the bands into picture frames for wall hangings.

Any other ideas?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Pretty much every thing I've ever seen made with cigar bands looks pretty kitschy. There are a couple artists out there who have made some interesting stuff, but most of it is just bad.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have always wanted to do something with all my bands. My wife keeps saying she's gonna do sonething crafty but hasn't happened yet lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have always wanted to do something with all my bands. My wife keeps saying she's gonna do sonething crafty but hasn't happened yet lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I saved my bands for years, I passed them onto @qpzmide. Not sure what he did with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some pretty nifty lamp shades with cigar bands pasted to them. Also hollow glass lamp bases filled with them. If you don't have enough bands to fill a base, use some Styrofoam in the middle.
Or use a Riker case if you want more of a display than something purely aesthetic. They are shallow enough to be unobtrusive, but deep enough so you can keep the bands rolled up in their "natural" state.
Googling any of this then viewing the images will give you the idea.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a little project I did on a rainy day.
The clear glass ash tray was $1.95 at a thrift store. I used Modge Podge adhesive to affix the labels to the underside of it. Then glued some felt on top of that. You could also just use some sealer like a urethane.
Labels.jpg