What's new

Show us your Harleys

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Got new wheels, forks, cables and lights since this pic, paint is the next project. '99 Wide Glide, drag bars, extended forward controls, Badlander seat, low profile signals. Feels like sitting in a Lazy Boy on the highway.

Well, the paint will definitely get done now. Wrecked the bike on September 5th, everything but the engine, tranny, frame and wheels is toast.

Negotiating with my insurance as my bike was worth significantly more than Blue Book. Luckily, I saved all my receipts. Hoping they bump my payout up as my repair bill is $7600.

For me, took 21 stitches for a jagged 3-way cut over my left eye. More stitches in my nose. Torn and partially detatched left retina. Sprained left knee. Sprained right thumb. Staph infection in the left leg. Road rash on both arms and both legs. Walked away with no broken bones, alive. Someone was watching over me for sure. First day back to work today after 30 days off.

Don't think I'll have the bike back before riding season is over here, so you'll see the paint job in the spring.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Well, the paint will definitely get done now. Wrecked the bike on September 5th, everything but the engine, tranny, frame and wheels is toast.

Negotiating with my insurance as my bike was worth significantly more than Blue Book. Luckily, I saved all my receipts. Hoping they bump my payout up as my repair bill is $7600.

For me, took 21 stitches for a jagged 3-way cut over my left eye. More stitches in my nose. Torn and partially detatched left retina. Sprained left knee. Sprained right thumb. Staph infection in the left leg. Road rash on both arms and both legs. Walked away with no broken bones, alive. Someone was watching over me for sure. First day back to work today after 30 days off.

Don't think I'll have the bike back before riding season is over here, so you'll see the paint job in the spring.
Glad you're safe but maybe a helmet next time?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Some chicks more so than others, I think. :)

Glad you walked away from it without anything worse, brother. I helped my dad rebuild a couple of wrecked Wide Glides back in the day; he got banged up pretty good a couple times too, once by a car, and once by a deer.
Thank you, I think several times a day how lucky I was. I'm glad your Dad was lucky back in the day too.