What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Meh. Prefer the green label.
View attachment 125713
Definitely not bad for $30 though. $ for$, I'd still take turkey 101.
That’s a bold statement.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a huge OWA fan myself. It's a cinnamon bomb to me. I like it, but its not an everyday type of pour to me. I've gotta be in the mood for it. Good winter drink, or on a cold night around a bonfire...

The W12 profile, much more oak forward, is really more to my liking.

I havent bought a WSR in years, even though it's available by the case ($19.95 per) in my area. When I do, I vat it 60:40 with Old Granddad 114 to make "Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain", a blend that is better than WRS or OGD114 are singly.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm not a huge OWA fan myself. It's a cinnamon bomb to me. I like it, but its not an everyday type of pour to me. I've gotta be in the mood for it. Good winter drink, or on a cold night around a bonfire...

I havent bought a WSR in years, even though it's available by the case ($19.95 per) in my area. When I do, I vat it 60:40 with Old Granddad 114 to make "Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain", a blend that is better than WRS or OGD114 are singly.
Ok. I'm gonna try that tomorrow. I've never thought to blend bourbons. Thanks for the tip. How long do you let the blend sit before drinking?

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

I'll have to give that a try...

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
@gurgalunas do you have any experience with this bottle? Just curious what to expect
I dont get into Irish, Scotch or Canadian much. As in, practically not at all. Not that I wouldn't enjoy the learning, I've just got a full plate with Bourbon and Rum (and now cigars)... don't need to fall down another rabbithole.

I've got a LS manager buddy that is really into Irish Whiskey, I'll ask next time I see him.

Personally, I think @Boudie was on the right track. She was dropping a hint... a ton of it...

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont get into Irish, Scotch or Canadian much. As in, practically not at all. Not that I wouldn't enjoy the learning, I've just got a full plate with Bourbon and Rum (and now cigars)... don't need to fall down another rabbithole.

I've got a LS manager buddy that is really into Irish Whiskey, I'll ask next time I see him.

Personally, I think @Boudie was on the right track. She was dropping a hint... a ton of it...
Oh, the hint doesnt need to be dropped at all, I am a very healthy young 26 year old that can tie a knot in a cherry stem ;)