What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

I've never seen Hendrick's or Knob Creek in a 1.75 before and this local bottle shop had them both on sale for ~$5 more than the .750 price. Kind of made my decision for me! The Jefferson's rye is one I haven't seen or heard of before tonight, but I'm excited to put it up next to the Bulleit and Knob Creek ryes, as well as the Templeton I've got coming from DaveWittwer.
Now I'm ready for that herf Alex! ;)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I've been eyeing the hendricks for a while now. I absolutely love the presentation. How is it?
hendricks is odd, but beautiful. not a christmas tree bomb of a gin (although the juniper is there), it is cucumber-forward. very wet and fresh and bright. it always tasted summer-y to me, like fresh picked from someone's garden. try it!

gotta stop looking in here, but nice pick ups, gents. o)

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I picked this up yesterday while hunting for other stuff. It was priced as this years small batch release and not the barrel proof release of last year. Needless to say, got it for close to half off.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I've been eyeing the hendricks for a while now. I absolutely love the presentation. How is it?
hendricks is odd, but beautiful. not a christmas tree bomb of a gin (although the juniper is there), it is cucumber-forward. very wet and fresh and bright. it always tasted summer-y to me, like fresh picked from someone's garden. try it!

^^^ This!
It's almost refreshing, if you can say that about an alcohol. It's been my "go to" all summer, that, and I've been on a ginger ale kick as well. We did signature drinks at our wedding reception and mine was Hendrick's, ginger ale, squeeze of lime juice, and lime slice garnish. People raved. Give it a shot!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

I tried Bombay Sapphire years ago. Tasted awful. That juniper taste isn't for me... Are there any other gins that don't have that strong of a taste?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
66   0   0

^^^ This!
It's almost refreshing, if you can say that about an alcohol. It's been my "go to" all summer, that, and I've been on a ginger ale kick as well. We did signature drinks at our wedding reception and mine was Hendrick's, ginger ale, squeeze of lime juice, and lime slice garnish. People raved. Give it a shot!
That sounds fantastic. I use to drink Sapphire all the time, I just got sick of the brutal hangovers. I'm going to have to give that a shot though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This will be my first year trying to get in line for a bottle of Pappy's.

As I understand it, it should be released within the next week, site says Mid-November every year.

Curious to know what people do for Pappy's on this board.

Anyone here on a waiting list? Do you stand in line?...or do you just have a spot that will hold one?

Trying to devise my plan of attack on grabbing one out here in Phoenix.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
This will be my first year trying to get in line for a bottle of Pappy's.

As I understand it, it should be released within the next week, site says Mid-November every year.

Curious to know what people do for Pappy's on this board.

Anyone here on a waiting list? Do you stand in line?...or do you just have a spot that will hold one?

Trying to devise my plan of attack on grabbing one out here in Phoenix.
Here in the Dallas Ft Worth area, waiting lists started during last year's release. I heard through another board member that Austin Texas was only getting around 6-12 bottles for the entire city area!!

The places in DFW that do not utilize waiting lists typically will gouge the hell out of you. Last year one store wanted $500 for a bottle of Pappy 20!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here in the Dallas Ft Worth area, waiting lists started during last year's release. I heard through another board member that Austin Texas was only getting around 6-12 bottles for the entire city area!!

The places in DFW that do not utilize waiting lists typically will gouge the hell out of you. Last year one store wanted $500 for a bottle of Pappy 20!
Oh, well damnit, looks like I could be SOL.

Well that blows. I'll give it a good attempt and if not I'll shoot for one of their other brands I suppose.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
A few more pick ups! Still looking for that elusive Sazerac 18 to complete the collection.

another 20yr today... So far this years haul 2x's 20's, 23yr, and Lob B..
Along side last years haul a 20yr and lot B.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0

The search was easier than I thought:).....time for a few shots and a....