What's new

Show us your wet shaving accoutrements

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
In the market for a new later bowl and could use some inspiration so…

Show us your goodies. Pictures of razors, brushes, stands, lather bowls, blade disposal canisters and so on are welcome. Hell show us the soft goods if you want as well!

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
well I am a newb to this but here are my pickups for today still missing a lot of stuff but its a start, the Dove was all in a nice carry bag sample kit to get me the Balm and face wash & lotion

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I don't use a lather bowl, no need if you don't use hard shave soap. I use Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream, it's a soft soap. Warm up your brush, put a little dab in the middle of it and lather on your face. One bowl will last 6-8 months.
I'm currently using creams and although I haven't face lathered I do enjoy lathering in a bowl. I'm looking to find a nice pottery scuttle or bowl, but so far everything I've found (that I like) is like $50+ (The 1.5 scuttle by Dirty Bird and the by G20 by Georgetown). In the grand scheme of things that's nothing of course, but more than I want to spend right now.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I don't use a lather bowl, no need if you don't use hard shave soap. I use Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream, it's a soft soap. Warm up your brush, put a little dab in the middle of it and lather on your face. One bowl will last 6-8 months.
I'm currently using creams and although I haven't face lathered I do enjoy lathering in a bowl. I'm looking to find a nice pottery scuttle or bowl, but so far everything I've found (that I like) is like $50+ (The 1.5 scuttle by Dirty Bird and the by G20 by Georgetown). In the grand scheme of things that's nothing of course, but more than I want to spend right now.
Out of curiosity, what are looking for in a bowl?

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Out of curiosity, what are looking for in a bowl?
Something approximately 5 to 5.5 inches in diameter at the top that tapers to just small enough to fit in the palm of the hand. The bottom inside of the bowl should have texture (grooves, spirals, bumps, etc) to aid in lather production. The sides of the bowl should be around 1.5 to 2 inches tall and have a slight inward bevel to them at the top to help keep lather from spilling over the rim.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So my question is why the steep fascination of the bowl and lather creating in a bowl? Usually that goes hand in hand w/ a hard soap, not the cream you currently use.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Here's my modest collection after the first few weeks. I have a few more items slated to arrive Friday, soaps and styptic pencils mostly, along with a few more blade packs to try out.

IMG_20140326_172744.jpgIMG_20140326_172744.jpg