What's new

Shower plumbing issue

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
had guy come out and replace the valve/handle/tubspout, of course that involved cutting into drywall which then had to get another guy to finish that. fun times.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
had guy come out and replace the valve/handle/tubspout, of course that involved cutting into drywall which then had to get another guy to finish that. fun times.
To access / replace the bathtub assembly here, I Lucked out. It shared the wall with the back of the kid's bedroom closet. I could hide any horrors, but there were none.
Cut a good big square, did the work, framed the inside of the cut, and now it has a removable panel.

I recall I had to put 2 new receivers on the water feed. You just have to use a tin shield so you don't make a fire in the wall soldering.

The old assembly was about 60 yrs old. The stopper was a "gillotine style" and useless. The stopper was inside the pipe and was like a D battery.
The connecting rod was just about to quit so glad I got in there before it fell down the the drain pipe.

The old faucet took the old "rubber washer" style gaskets, so they were maintained. So for it to drip was peculiar. But is was ancient and had to go.
I eventually determined the 20 minute drip was water draining from the 1/2" pipe going up to the shower head. Somehow getting through the spicket.