What's new

Sick MPG

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Averaging just over 45 miles per hour,
At 45 mph, I get 33mpg in an 8,000lb truck, giving me over 1,000 miles to the tank.

Now, just HOW many people out there drive 45mph on ANY highway or Interstate? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

When I was running a 56 gallon tank, transporting cars, I was pulling over 1200 miles to a tank at 70mph. At 45 mph, I would have logged over 1800 miles per tank.

Thanks to Al Gore and his retards, Diesel fuel took an assraping with the additional refining costs to lower the sulfur ppm - and of course, it was reflected at the pumps, when Diesel PASSED unleaded fuel costs.

Diesel was a byproduct and dirt cheap untill that genetic defective started on his schpiel to save the world - and cripple every company that used Diesel engines.

Of course, we can thank him and the "greenies" for destroying Diesel fuel engine popularity here in the USA. Nevermind the fact that Europe has more diesel engine cars than Gas....nah, that might actually make someone THINK before pulling some ridiculous idea out of their ass.

As for the "Hybrid" engine technology?? - It's been around for over 100 years - it's called a diesel-electric.

But don't get me started on that.....:chat:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My buddy has the Jetta TDI Cup Edition. He is getting around 45MPG average from it. Pretty sweet ride too. It has the sport additions kinda like my GTI: Plaid seats, sport suspension, more aggressive body kit.

Also 45MPH average is... average. That would include areas where you can't drive that fast, stop and go traffic.